Windows 10: Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds

Discus and support Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Pro desktop with a new ASUS motherboard with 32GB RAM, NVIDIA display adapter, and a 1TB SSD. I continue to utilize a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mickeyess, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Mickeyess Win User

Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds

I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Pro desktop with a new ASUS motherboard with 32GB RAM, NVIDIA display adapter, and a 1TB SSD. I continue to utilize a secondary 500GB scratch hard drive and two HP LV2311 monitors. I also use a 2TB USB data volume and an 8TB USB backup volume. I use OneDrive to synch my files for internet availability. Everything has been working very well with the exception of Microsoft Edge. Edge periodically starts to refresh approximately every 1 – 2 seconds rendering it useless. The problem does not appear to be with the Nvidia display adapter as the problem follows Edge as I move it back and forth to both monitors. I have closed the browser and reopened it, shut down and restarted, cleared questionable cookies, and I routinely delete temporary files. Virus scans show no infections and the Malicious Software Removal tool shows no risks.

Does anyone have a suggestions?

Here are the specs of my system.

System Manufacturer ASUS

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Asus TUF Gaming H470-PRO Wi-Fi Rev 1.xx

Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0602, 4/3/2020

SMBIOS Version 3.2

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"

Installed Physical Memory RAM 32.0 GB

Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

Two HP LV2311 monitors 1 on the DP 1.4a port and the second on the HDMI 2.0b port

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

:)

Mickeyess, Dec 27, 2020
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 27, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds - Similar Threads - Edge periodically refreshes

2. Windows 11 entire home screen refreshing every 1 second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 entire home screen refreshing every 1 second: Windows homescreen goes black every 1 second, I have no taskbar. I cannot open any apps. I can open windows terminal prompt through taskbar manager but the chkdsk, scannow, and dism commands do not work. I have 1 monitor it's a acer nitro 5 gaming laptop. I have 32gb of ram...
  3. Windows 11 entire home screen refreshing every 1 second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 entire home screen refreshing every 1 second: Windows homescreen goes black every 1 second, I have no taskbar. I cannot open any apps. I can open windows terminal prompt through taskbar manager but the chkdsk, scannow, and dism commands do not work. I have 1 monitor it's a acer nitro 5 gaming laptop. I have 32gb of ram...
  4. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  5. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  6. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.

My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. A random freeze happens for about five seconds every minute or two. It is like when you are typing, working or surfing then this freeze happens, the pc receives what I am typing but postponing the letters to show/ the clicking to happen...
  8. Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.: Ive had this for a while now, and ive tried every single fucking article on the internet. Microsoft Support does not help me. This didnt happen in windows 8.1, even though i did a clean install. Specs: CPU: AMD A6-6310 with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R4...
  9. Widows 10 screen refresh every 1 second after update

Widows 10 screen refresh every 1 second after update: Hi. I have a Windows 10 desktop. Earlier today it went through a very long auto update. Since the update my screen refreshes every second making it impossible to do anything apart from open the task manager. I have already searched for solutions online using using my...
  10. My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds: Hello, sine last July after I decided to reinstall Win10 on my laptop (Dell Inspiron15 3000) the mouse pointer started to stop every 1/ seconds. I tried to update drivers, use dell update but nothing seems to work. It happen both when I use the touch pad and/or the a...