Windows 10: Edge Query

Discus and support Edge Query in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've just entered the 64 bit browser arena, with the recent installation of latest version of Waterfox. Based on marketing information, Edge has... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by iain, Jul 5, 2015.

1. iain Win User

Edge Query

I've just entered the 64 bit browser arena, with the recent installation of latest version of Waterfox.

Based on marketing information, Edge has piqued my interest though, as it seems a well integrated product. No plug-ins to fret over as it's HTML5 compliant and a 64 bit browser, as well.

Not too much information of it available currently though, but will it run on my system or is it a Windows 10 product, only?

:)

iain, Jul 5, 2015

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Jul 5, 2015
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Jul 5, 2015
  4. cbwilsha Win User

Edge Query

Iain, Edge is only available at this time included in Windows 10 Insider Preview downloads. You can get it by joining the Insider Preview and downloading Windows 10, current Build is 10162. Edge is quite different from Internet Explorer and is it's replacement.

cbwilsha, Jul 5, 2015
  5. iain Win User
    Thanks for the information. Pity that Edge isn't available as a separate application such as Firefox/Waterfox are. I'll probably wait for either the release version of Windows 10 or a separate release of Edge, as this is a right new machine and Edge would seem to be too good to pass up.

I've never been keen of Internet Explorer and it's dependency of ActiveX. It's time to replace it. *Wink

BTW, I ran across this:
    Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

iain, Jul 6, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Edge will could be released to Windows 8.x, but it's unlikely since Windows 10 is a free upgrade. Edge is a Universal app, not a Win32 app, so it's impossible for it to run on anything other than Windows 8.x and 10.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Query

1. Edge Query - Similar Threads - Edge Query

2. Is Windows 11 freezing my chrome on purpose so that I use Edge instead...? I think so.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 11 freezing my chrome on purpose so that I use Edge instead...? I think so.: I truly believe that Microsoft is doing what Apple is doing. My Chrome freezes every day on my Windows 11. But when I use Edge, it doesn't freeze. Hmmmmmmm...Shady...!...
  3. Is Windows 11 freezing my chrome on purpose so that I use Edge instead...? I think so.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows 11 freezing my chrome on purpose so that I use Edge instead...? I think so.: I truly believe that Microsoft is doing what Apple is doing. My Chrome freezes every day on my Windows 11. But when I use Edge, it doesn't freeze. Hmmmmmmm...Shady...!...
  4. Anyone heard of 'nuronnes.co.in via Edge'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone heard of 'nuronnes.co.in via Edge'?: I keep getting notifications from nuronnes.co.invia Edge. It appears to be an App. I blocked it, in settings. But I cannot find where it came from. I want to delete it, but worry it's connected to Edge. All the messages are warnings about security breaches, updates failing,...
  5. Edge Favorites Query

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Query: Afternoon everyone. I've got a question that's not of real importance, but here goes. Is there a way to remove the 'remove duplicate favorites' from the favorites drop down menu? I don't want to remove favorites button, just the 'remove duplicate favorites' from the drop...
  6. edge chromium query

in Browsers and Email
    edge chromium query: After the win10 update yesterday I opened edge and it asked me if I wanted edge chromium. I bypassed it and just opened edge. However I have had a change of mind and would like to update to the chromium. How do I update to edge chromium now? Thanks in advance. 148506
  7. A query about Edge

in Browsers and Email
    A query about Edge: Hi When I was using IE 11, I used to drag the URL of site I had open, and place it in my Favourites folder. I have now started using MS Edge, and it does not allow me to do same. Cant anyone advise please, its not helped by not having a menu bar. 120500
  8. A query about Edge

in Windows 10 News
    A query about Edge: Hi When I was using IE 11, I used to drag the URL of site I had open, and place it in my Favourites folder. I have now started using MS Edge, and it does not allow me to do same. Cant anyone advise please, its not helped by not having a menu bar. 120500
  9. Query Edge settings

in Browsers and Email
    Query Edge settings: Simply I have set Edge to open with a specific site - my mail and the new tabs with top sites. However the opening page is just top sites no big deal as I have Outlook in top sites but would like to use that site for another site. So open = mail and new tab = top sites...
  10. Query on Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Query on Edge Browser: I have been using Chrome and Firefox and out of interest I have trialled Edge. Now it seems to be a lot faster to come on line and I would like to know what everyone else thinks of this browser. The only thing I cannot find yet is how to import bookmarks from the other...