Windows 10: Edge Question Version #44.18362.449.0 showing web addresses .....

Discus and support Edge Question Version #44.18362.449.0 showing web addresses ..... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't know when this started but I noticed it about a week ago. As I move my mouse over any web page the URL appears on the bottem left of the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by warewasher2025, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Edge Question Version #44.18362.449.0 showing web addresses .....

I don't know when this started but I noticed it about a week ago. As I move my mouse over any web page the URL appears on the bottem left of the window. First I thought it was what used to be called the status bar. But it shows the complete web address of any link that is part on the web page. I see no way to turn it off in the Edge settings.
    Any ideas on how to turn this annoying feature off.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909 Build 18363.720

:)

warewasher2025, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Ray.TJ Win User

Web Addresses

Please advise how to prevent previously used web addresses being stored and listed and suggested each time a new search is entered

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Mar 17, 2020
  3. KeatKean Win User
    Web Addresses

to remove addresses from the list that appears when I start to enter a new address.

You need to turn off auto suggest feature.

In Edge:

Click the 3 dots on top right hand side, click Settings then click on 'View advance settings'

toggle off 'Show search and site suggestion as I type' in Privacy and services.

For Firefox:

Click the 3 bars on top right hand side, click 'options'. Click Privacy and Security on your left. Under Address Bar, click 'Change preferences for search engine suggestions'. Uncheck 'Show search suggestions in address bar results'

For Chrome:

Click the 3 dots on top right hand side, click Settings. Scroll until the end and click 'Advanced'.

Toggle off 'Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar'

KeatKean, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Ivan Ho Win User

Edge Question Version #44.18362.449.0 showing web addresses .....

Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin

But...

I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution, no suggestions have resolved the issue. I can paste clipboard URL into Chrome or FF or Notepad or Word or [You name the app here], but not in the Edge address bar. AND, it is not limited to the address bar; I cannot paste anything into the search bar either. I can type in either bar, just not able to paste clipboard data.

I have tried all of the following, to no avail:

1) Click in address or search bar or Ctrl + L, then Ctrl + V
    2) Click in address or search bar or Ctrl + L, right-mouse click and select "Paste"
    3) Settings | App | Microsoft Edge | Advanced options | Repair
    4) Settings | App | Microsoft Edge | Advanced options | Reset
    5) Open Edge Settings | Privacy & security | Show search and site suggestions as I type: Disable (i.e., turn off)

I have seen no other suggestions, as of yet.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Windows version: 64-bit Windows 10 1903 (clean install--new laptop; not an update from other version/build)
    Edge version: 44.18362.267.0
    Edge HTML version: 18.18362

Ivan Ho, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Edge Question Version #44.18362.449.0 showing web addresses .....

1. Edge Question Version #44.18362.449.0 showing web addresses ..... - Similar Threads - Edge Question Version

2. windbg can't show the address instead of showing question mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windbg can't show the address instead of showing question mark: what ever program i debug, windbg can't show the address correctly. And get errors like "memory read error at address ..." windbg info share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windbg-cant-show-the-address-instead-of-showing/3cb3c87d-9c71-42ea-a0e2-e22f91b26fbf
  3. windbg can't show the address instead of showing question mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windbg can't show the address instead of showing question mark: what ever program i debug, windbg can't show the address correctly. And get errors like "memory read error at address ..." windbg info share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windbg-cant-show-the-address-instead-of-showing/3cb3c87d-9c71-42ea-a0e2-e22f91b26fbf
  4. windbg can't show the address instead of showing question mark

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Edge web capture

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge web capture: Edge recently added something called web capture which is identical to the screen capture command that's been in Windows forever, it even uses the same keyboard shortcut. Is there any difference or point to this or they just arbitrarily renaming things? submitted by...
  6. Edge web address bar missing, StartPageAddressBarPinned & New dont fix

in Browsers and Email
    Edge web address bar missing, StartPageAddressBarPinned & New dont fix: Hello, Windows 10 Home, 10.0.10586, Edge 25.10586.0.0 I want a permanent address bar on Edge - it drives me crackers when I have to click at the top to get it. I did a clean install a year ago and did this: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local...
  7. Web Addresses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Addresses: Please advise how to prevent previously used web addresses being stored and listed and suggested each time a new search is entered RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-addresses/a934f8cf-eecf-4d35-b55b-07055307bab2"
  8. Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address: Hi everyone, my title may be a bit confusing but I have to idea how to make a title for the issue I'm having. So, I'm sure you all know how when you begin to type in a website edge will fill in the rest and if you hit enter it will take you to that website. For example,...
  9. Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question

in Browsers and Email
    Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question: If I right click in the address bar, I don't have the option of "copy" in the drop down menu. I must select "select all", right click again and select "copy". I can then paste to a new tab or other destination. Is this the norm for Explorer / Edge or is there something else...
  10. question about Edge browser version

in Windows 10 Support
    question about Edge browser version: Hi *Smile I have Windows 10 Pro for my laptop and found today that the version of my Edge browser is different with my friend's. Edge on my laptop is 20.10240.16384.0 and my friend's is 25.10586.0.0. Both computers are running up to date Windows 10 Pro and both were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what version edge running Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0