Windows 10: Edge quit working on Windows Insider Program

Discus and support Edge quit working on Windows Insider Program in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been running Windows Insider Program for awhile without issues until now. Windows 10 Insider Preview was recently updated (10.0.17763.1) & Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GARoss, Sep 25, 2018.

1. GARoss Win User

Edge quit working on Windows Insider Program

I've been running Windows Insider Program for awhile without issues until now.

Windows 10 Insider Preview was recently updated (10.0.17763.1) & Edge has quit working. Although I use Chrome as my default, Edge is used by Cortana when searching.

Not sure how to troubleshoot. *Confused

Current Windows 10 version is 1809 (OS Build 17763.1)

:)

GARoss, Sep 25, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge and Mail programs

John

I ran the steps to reinstall Windows 10 default apps after Defender showed no problems. I have my mail program back but instead of Edge I have Internet Explorer. Edge has got to be on this machine somewhere because when I clicked on a hyperlink in an e-mail
    (that I trust) it opened in Edge. But I can't find edge in the programs.

If I click on start and type Microsoft Edge a list comes up with the Edge icon at the top and further down Edge is listed. I have tried right clicking and pinning to start but nothing happens. I have tried double left clicking to try to open but nothing
    happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Joan Poythress

JoanPoythress, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Edge quit working on Windows Insider Program

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Edge quit working on Windows Insider Program

1. Edge quit working on Windows Insider Program - Similar Threads - Edge quit working

2. windows insider program not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows insider program not working properly: my windows 11 is showing this when i have no updates to be done . please guide how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-program-not-working-properly/d48fa340-a3a4-4e75-b306-4f882f287358
  3. windows insider program not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows insider program not working properly: my windows 11 is showing this when i have no updates to be done . please guide how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-program-not-working-properly/d48fa340-a3a4-4e75-b306-4f882f287358
  4. My Microsoft Mail program quit working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft Mail program quit working.: Microsoft downloaded a reinstall OS but still doesn't work. Two PCs running Win 10 and different printers yet neither will print from Windows Mail app. Suggestions? Deleted Mail app and reinstalled. Still fails to print on two different PCs. Appears the app is defective...
  5. Quit Insider Program and get 2004 official release

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quit Insider Program and get 2004 official release: Hi, I have switched to Windows Insider for a couple of weeks because I wanted to use WSL2 in my workflow. Now, after 2004 release that has WSL2 with it by default, I want to remove myself from the Insider program. I have already unlinked myself in Windows Insider...
  6. window insider program

window insider program: how to opt out window insider program. i'm frustated with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-insider-program/ad62070f-a967-45d4-b2b9-f520c3343931
  7. Windows Insider Program

Windows Insider Program: I just signed up for the insider program after E3 so I could be apart of the new Xbox App. My Windows updated last night and now there is a watermark in the bottom right of my screen that says: "Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build...
  8. How to join Microsoft Edge Insider Program

in Windows 10 News
    How to join Microsoft Edge Insider Program: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge browser is built on Chromium engine. The same engine that is used the over popularly browser from Google — Chrome. While Edge Chromium is still not available as the default browser, you can always choose to [...] This post How to join...
  9. Edge Insider

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Insider: I am working with & on Edge Insider Builds. It's, really, quite interesting. There is an Edge Insiders Forum. But, I wonder if anyone else here is mucking about w/ the forthcoming Edge (??). They can be run along w/ ones current Edge. The pic is from my start menu....
  10. Join the Microsoft Edge Insider Preview Program

in Windows 10 News
    Join the Microsoft Edge Insider Preview Program: Join the Microsoft Edge Insider Preview Program [img] In recent times, Microsoft has changed a lot in the Insider program – in the future the Xbox one will be, for example, also part of the Windows Insider program. But in terms of edge browser will do soon...