Windows 10: Edge Resets to default settings

Discus and support Edge Resets to default settings in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge resets to default setting after every W10 update. Can MS stop this please ? Favourites are gone, I have to run xcopy to add back. Google... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by vinividz, Feb 15, 2016.

1. vinividz Win User

Edge Resets to default settings

Edge resets to default setting after every W10 update.

Can MS stop this please ?

Favourites are gone, I have to run xcopy to add back.
    Google search is no longer the default search provider.
    It also offers to remember password which I disabled.

Regards

:)

vinividz, Feb 15, 2016

2. Cortana & Edge Resets To Default Settings

I think this is quite stupid saying that Windows 10 has been out for awhile now, long enough to fix small things like this. This happens about once a week, twice if it feels like doing so.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to prevent it? Thanks

DSAONANDED, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Cortana & Edge Resets To Default Settings

Hi,

I am glad to know that your issue is fixed. If you face any issue with Windows. Please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, Feb 15, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome *Smile

This is a common problem it seems although I have never had the defaults change or favourites disappear for Edge since I have been using it. My theory, but I have not yet proved it, is that it depends on whether you login with a Microsoft account or not. I have always used a Microsoft account for login and I find that all my defaults seem to be kept from one update to the next, immediately after a major update the favourites may not show but once the account has properly synced they are all back again.

philc43, Feb 15, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    Hi vinividz - this is not a Microsoft site. You would have to ask them.

Do you mean update (anything at all from Windows update) or upgrade from build 10240 to 10586 for example?

It would be nice if upgrades preserved your details but if they don't then they don't. Updates don't seem to change anything though.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge Resets to default settings - Similar Threads - Edge Resets default

2. Edge Redirection Issue - Set as default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Redirection Issue - Set as default: When clicking on a link provided in an email or third-party application, it directly goes into search mode with the following message"There are no results for --disable-quic --edge-redirect=Windows.Protocol URL CLICKED ON"Any advice on how to resolve this issue?...
  3. Edge Redirection Issue - Set as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Redirection Issue - Set as default: When clicking on a link provided in an email or third-party application, it directly goes into search mode with the following message"There are no results for --disable-quic --edge-redirect=Windows.Protocol URL CLICKED ON"Any advice on how to resolve this issue?...
  4. Edge Redirection Issue - Set as default

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Edge Setting Itself as Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Setting Itself as Default: Microsoft Edge keeps setting itself as the default browser. This is the second computer I've had this issue with; I've changed all the settings via default apps and by program. I want to uninstall the entire program, but cannot find a way to do so. I have read previous posts,...
  6. Edge Setting Itself as Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Setting Itself as Default: Microsoft Edge keeps setting itself as the default browser. This is the second computer I've had this issue with; I've changed all the settings via default apps and by program. I want to uninstall the entire program, but cannot find a way to do so. I have read previous posts,...
  7. edge volume in sound manager resets to default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    edge volume in sound manager resets to default: submitted by /u/Middle__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emjy4u/edge_volume_in_sound_manager_resets_to_default/
  8. Default being reset to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default being reset to Microsoft Edge: Hi, I am frustrated with my default browser being changed to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. I have tried multiple times to change it to Chrome but every time it automatically switches to Microsoft Edge. What is the easiest solution to resolve the issue once and for all? I...
  9. Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset all Privacy settings to Default?: How can I reset some settings to the default without Resetting the whole Windows 10 OS? For example, I want to reset all the Privacy Settings back to its original? Is there any way to accomplish this without going into Troubleshooting section and Resetting the whole entire...
  10. Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the...