Windows 10: Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Discus and support Edge says I am not connected to the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael Mercado1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only with Edge but also with some other Microsoft services like Cortana.

:)

Michael Mercado1, Dec 3, 2018

2. edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Dec 3, 2018
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Dec 3, 2018
  4. 3mptylord Win User

Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Edge says I am not connected to the internet

1. Edge says I am not connected to the internet - Similar Threads - Edge says connected

2. Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am: Windows 10 >thinks< I am not connected and thus several things refuse to work the help desk app, for example but I can browse, ping google, ping microsoftI can literally do everything as normal except for anything windows-specific that checks if the computer is online. i have...
  3. Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am: Windows 10 >thinks< I am not connected and thus several things refuse to work the help desk app, for example but I can browse, ping google, ping microsoftI can literally do everything as normal except for anything windows-specific that checks if the computer is online. i have...
  4. Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am: Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am. However, I can't use windows update. I've done all the troubleshooting I can think of, network etc. Please help!...
  6. Microsoft apps say i'm not connected to the internet but I am.

Microsoft apps say i'm not connected to the internet but I am.: I can't sign in to the Microsoft store or any other apps that require a Microsoft account. I ran the troubleshooter and it said "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding." Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  7. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...: [IMG]My internet status is showing as connected but while i open a browser etc. it says you are internet access is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-it-says/8188299b-da64-47b2-b61d-f2e88c8bc5c1
  8. Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...: So this is an issue I've had for a few weeks now. Basically whenever I power up my computer and I check the network center it says that I'm connected to my wifi but there's no internet. The problem is that my browser is connecting to the internet and I can stream and watch...
  9. When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.: When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-events-it-says-internet-connection/88fda32e-769e-48c6-9b8d-4e7949dda64a
  10. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect: I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available. I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the...