Windows 10: Edge scans downloads with Windows Defender?

Discus and support Edge scans downloads with Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Does Edge (Chromium) use Windows Defender or the registered AV to do the scan on downloads? I have MalwareBytes Premium. I noticed when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by loki, May 31, 2020.

1. loki Win User

Edge scans downloads with Windows Defender?

Hi,

Does Edge (Chromium) use Windows Defender or the registered AV to do the scan on downloads?
    I have MalwareBytes Premium. I noticed when downloading a file that it will say it's being scanned. So is it being scanned by Windows Defender or MalwareBytes? MalwareBytes is the registered AV in Windows Security.

Thanks,
    *Cool

:)

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 31, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files

Running Win10 Home 64bit on a MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard, i7-6700, 16 GB ram.
    This is a new build for me and I just installed Win10 Home and did all updates.

When I download programs with Defender running, do I have to manually scan the file before installing the program?

When I tried to manually scan a downloaded program using the following method, it doesn't show results of the scan:
    • Rt click the file name.
    • In the pop up menu, click "Scan with Windows Defender"
    • A window pops up showing "Full Scan", "Custom Scan" and "Windows defender offline scan", but no results of the individual file scan.
    Thanks for any ideas.

4. Edge scans downloads with Windows Defender?

Microsoft Windows Defender on Windows 10/ Edge download settings

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologize for delay in response.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while to scan full system?

2) Have you installed any other antivirus on your computer?

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Perform
    System File Checker
    (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Step 2:

To change the default download location in Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open File Explorer.

• Right click on Downloads and select
      Properties.

• Select Location tab and click Move
      and then select where you want to have your downloads to be saved.
    For more information about Microsoft Edge browser, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Edge scans downloads with Windows Defender?

1. Edge scans downloads with Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - Edge scans downloads

2. Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?: Just a question, does windows defender scan all files that i download and quarantine them if they are harmful? Including archives such as rar or zip?...
  3. Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?: Just a question, does windows defender scan all files that i download and quarantine them if they are harmful? Including archives such as rar or zip?...
  4. Windows Defending scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defending scanning: When it comes to scanning results and scan options, they don't exactly match with what actually has been done.For example, I was scanning a map share last night on my was from Windows 10 over wi-fi connection, the scan took all night, and since it was over map share it was a...
  5. Windows Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Scan: Other than disconnecting, is there a way of excluding an external drive from a Defender full scan? It keeps telling me I have a trojan in one of my x-drives but I don't and I've done a scan with my Kaspersky anti-virus program and it's clean. Thanks....
  6. windows defender scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender scan?: hello everyone I am trying to scan but the scan does not start and does not scan[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scan/d932227a-f161-4867-a89c-b559d1441f0e
  7. Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files

Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files: Running Win10 Home 64bit on a MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard, i7-6700, 16 GB ram. This is a new build for me and I just installed Win10 Home and did all updates. When I download programs with Defender running, do I have to manually scan the file before installing the program?...
  8. Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files: Running Win10 Home 64bit on a MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard, i7-6700, 16 GB ram. This is a new build for me and I just installed Win10 Home and did all updates. When I download programs with Defender running, do I have to manually scan the file before installing the program?...
  9. windows defender is not scanning

windows defender is not scanning: that shows a notification that group or resource is not in state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-is-not-scanning/e77931e3-9d2d-402b-9172-11787928475d
  10. How to Set IDM to scan downloads with Windows Defender?

How to Set IDM to scan downloads with Windows Defender?: Just finished removing my paid AVG after so many years to give Defender a try for a while. What I need to know is which file (if any) do I tell IDM to use to scan completed downloaded files? Is "MpCmdRun.exe" the correct file? Thanks. 56251