Windows 10: Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

Discus and support Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; No further ideas, except to say that if/when you reinstall Windows (and Firefox, and CCleaner, et. al.) I would recommend not 'tidying up' your Start... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tonightwetaco, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

what about reinstalling the apps and starting fresh that way?

tonightwetaco, Mar 29, 2018
  2. Bree New Member

Worth a try, but at the moment the actual .exe is listed in the indexing which in my experience seems to mean you have to type the full name. I'd try uninstall, re-index, then reinstall (and don't reorganize the Start menu).

3. removed all traces of CCleaner then rebuilt my index. Installed CCleaner again, there is now a folder in m start menu with CCleaner inside it. Still only comes up when i fully spell out CCleaner.

I am e-mailing the CCleaner folks to see what they have to say

tonightwetaco, Mar 30, 2018
  4. Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

CCleaner forum folks say its a Windows 10 glitch and it affects other programs, some are even windows programs.

tonightwetaco, Mar 31, 2018
  5. reinstalled and things seem solved. I have no idea what it was but I think running CCleaners registry cleaner was the culprit.

tonightwetaco, Apr 1, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Glad it worked out in the end. I use CCleaner, but avoid using its registry cleaning *Smile

Thema:

Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

1. Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox - Similar Threads - Edge shows search

2. Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?: This is a genuine question from me that I always ask myself. If I stay on the results page, am I safe? Is it likely or is it not? Sorry for all the questions but I have one more, how does it work if possible? Google , Firefox , and Edge...
  3. Icons not showing up in windows search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not showing up in windows search: [ATTACH]I dont quite know what to do with this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-up-in-windows-search/e7b50d44-3213-4805-a83b-bb70016749bf
  4. Firefox search function

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox search function: I have my firefox homepage set up with the address bar etc across the top, bookmarks bar on the second line then nothing on the lower screen except the firefox name and emblem with my google search box under that. The only issue I have not been able to remedy is when I open...
  5. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Browsers and Email
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  6. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  7. Firefox Bookmark Search

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmark Search: When I open up the bookmark manager, and do a search, how can I tell which folder the bookmark is in? 157783
  8. Windows settings are not showing up on search

in Cortana
    Windows settings are not showing up on search: Hello, I just installed win10 today on my new SSD. But there is an issue I am facing on search. On my previous OS, when I search "Disk Management" it doesn't appear. Same for "Adjust ClearType text" and many things. Seeking for help....
  9. "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search

in Cortana
    "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search: I am trying to disable bing results when I search using the windows 10 search bar. Every article I have found saying how to do this says that I must search "cortana" in the search bar and click on the result that says "Cortana & Search settings". However, there is no result...
  10. Firefox not showing up in default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox not showing up in default apps: I read the blog and it's fix, and I do not know what the guy actually is doing. See: Some firefox problems - Page 22 - Windows 10 Forums