Windows 10: EDGE - Silverlight - Chrome

Discus and support EDGE - Silverlight - Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to use "www.yomvi.es" (an on demand video player). I cannot use this on Chrome as it says Silverlight is not supported, this is fine... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Matthew, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Matthew Win User

EDGE - Silverlight - Chrome

Hi,

I am trying to use "www.yomvi.es" (an on demand video player). I cannot use this on Chrome as it says Silverlight is not supported, this is fine as IE11 supports Silverlight.

HOWEVER

When i try to use Edge i get the chrome error message as the websites recognize Edge as Chrome...... I know edge doesnt support pluggins, but does this mean actually that its closer to a chrome coded browser than MS want to admit.

I have a surface RT and that doesnt support Silverlight either but now my Bandnew edge brower wont let me play it either!?!?!?!?

:)

Matthew, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 and Silverlight

I have a ImageTrend software program for work that requires Silverlight to be installed on my Laptop, which came with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge, (I needed to install Chrome for another program). I installed Silverlight to the computer, but the ImageTrend
    does not recognize it, and some research said that Silverlight was no longer supported by Chrome or Firefox or Edge, what cam I do?

BillFortune, Jul 29, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    freestockcharts website

Silverlight is deprecated - which is a fancy computer term for 'abandoned.' Microsoft announced in 2013 that they had ceased development of Silverlight except for patches and bugfixes. Silverlight is no longer supported in Google Chrome (my browser,) and
    since Microsoft Edge does not (yet) support plugins, it also does not support Silverlight. Websites that continue to use Silverlight are behind the times. Time for a new source of stock charts, you day-trader ;-)

BulldogXX, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

EDGE - Silverlight - Chrome

1. EDGE - Silverlight - Chrome - Similar Threads - EDGE Silverlight Chrome

2. EDGE : ..... CHROME :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EDGE : ..... CHROME :: Just bought a new laptop, Edge will not allow me to download Chrome, tried through IE still not allowing me. Edge will not allow me on discovery + that I pay subscription for each month. Since when did Edge become the part of trying to contol peoples lives when people can...
  3. Chrome and Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Edge.: For some reason Chrome and Edge have stopped picking up the spelling mistake when i type dont all other words like wouldn't are highlighted its just dont and Dont (don't & Don't) that its missing has anyone any idea why and is there a fix. Thanks in advance. 177889
  4. Silverlight Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Silverlight Security: Hi, Fyi, currently we're still using Silverlight as plugin to access to our legacy system. But, is it currently safe to use Silverlight since its will end of Support this Oct 2021? Is it the Silverlight have vulnerabilities issue reported in 2020 or 2021? I just want to get...
  5. silverlight

silverlight: I am doing an online class but the website for my class says I need silverlight for the program, but when I try to install it, i keep getting the message that my browser does not support it. What can I do?...
  6. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  7. Microsoft Silverlight

Microsoft Silverlight: I just wonder why Microsoft requires to install Microsoft Silverlight on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-silverlight/4a14d36a-5a2e-4f7b-8a39-7509eb096a10
  8. SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed

in Browsers and Email
    SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed: Hi there. EDGE won't play SKY GO -- needs Silverlight and currently Silverlight doesn't support these types of "Addins". IE11 still works for this though. Seems edge needs a lot more work to make it a genuine replacement for other browsers Cheers jimbo 9974
  9. Edge or Chrome??

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Chrome??: I just installed a clean 10. What is the consensus for browser use, Chrome or Edge? 63606
  10. Silverlight Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silverlight Question: New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to me. What is Silverlight and do I need it or need to update it? Thanks. 38520