Windows 10: Edge, Skype, icons disappear from task bar and cannot run Edge or Photos

Discus and support Edge, Skype, icons disappear from task bar and cannot run Edge or Photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.431 (multiple attempts to update to newer April 2018 version fail) Edge, Skype and store icons disappear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steverid, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Steverid Win User

Edge, Skype, icons disappear from task bar and cannot run Edge or Photos

Running Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.431 (multiple attempts to update to newer April 2018 version fail)

Edge, Skype and store icons disappear from task bar, but Excel, Word, and Chrome icons are OK.. If I restart they show up temporarily.

Also, cannot access "Settings" or "Photos" to view photos??Cannot run EDge from left click on start??

Saw on forums an old note about Chrome causing a problem with task bar?? seems dated though??

:)

Steverid, Jul 10, 2018

2. microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

Problem here also. 2 days ago icons disappeared from the start menu. This morning I ran a restore point. After reboot the Edge icon disappeared from my task bar. The only way to get Edge to start is to type something in Cortana and go on the internet...

YvesMarcotte, Jul 10, 2018
  3. microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

Hi Robert,

We suggest that you open Microsoft Edge via Run just to verify if Microsoft Edge is installed in the PC. If it comes up, pin it to the taskbar.

To open Microsoft Edge via Run, see steps below:

• Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R.
    • In the text field, type microsoft-edge: and then click
      OK

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Edge, Skype, icons disappear from task bar and cannot run Edge or Photos

Microsoft Edge icon issue - not showing even when edge is running

Hi guys,

I am running Microsoft Edge on windows 10, however when I run Microsoft Edge, the icon is missing from the task bar but still appears to recognise it..

I have also just rebuilt my laptop yesterday with a fresh OS of windows 10 pro.

Edge, Skype, icons disappear from task bar and cannot run Edge or Photos [​IMG]

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated please.

Thanks,
    Dan

danjgoodwin, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Edge, Skype, icons disappear from task bar and cannot run Edge or Photos

1. Edge, Skype, icons disappear from task bar and cannot run Edge or Photos - Similar Threads - Edge Skype icons

2. Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear: This problem occurs whenever I close the file explorer tab after a while. Moreover, it happens automatically after some time. I also updated my OS from windows 10 to 11, even then there was no solution.Why this is happening & how can I solve this? Any suggestions with this...
  3. Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear: This problem occurs whenever I close the file explorer tab after a while. Moreover, it happens automatically after some time. I also updated my OS from windows 10 to 11, even then there was no solution.Why this is happening & how can I solve this? Any suggestions with this...
  4. popup setting on desktop away from icons but on the edge of the bar .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    popup setting on desktop away from icons but on the edge of the bar .: there is a glitch/bugg when you mouse over your speaker on the desktop you will see a popup from that setting.like with me it is : SpeakersRealtekR Audio: 91%When you move your cursor someplace else on the edge of the bar. away from the volume and network iconsyou will see...
  5. Bluetooth Icon disappeared from Task bar and in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Icon disappeared from Task bar and in Device Manager: HI, I have been using a Dell Inspiron 15 N5010 for the last 9 years and have recently about 1 month ago noticed that the Bluetooth icon on the Task bar and in Device Manager has disappeared. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about a couple of years ago and never had...
  6. Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge: I created a shortcut, then changed its icon: right-click-> Properties -> Change Icon -> selected a .ico file. I dragged it to the taskbar and whenever I click on the taskbar icon, Edge opens in a new window with the old icon. My task bar Note that I am using Chromium Edge...
  7. Unable to put Edge on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to put Edge on task bar: This issue has been going on for weeks. I have previously posted this question and have received many replies- none of which has worked. No matter how I try, I am unable to pin Edge to the task bar. I have tried from every place Edge appears- start menu, apps list etc, When I...
  8. Internet Explorer Icon disappeared from my Task Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer Icon disappeared from my Task Bar: Yesterday my IE icon disappeared from my task bar and I can not retrieve it. The IE Program is still on my computer but I can not find a way to access it. I have used IE for many years and do not want to switch some other Program that takes up a lot of screen space and is...
  9. Task bar icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task bar icons disappeared: After running an update a couple of nights ago, the next morning most of the icons on the task bar at the bottom were gone and I can't click on the few that are left. If I minimize a screen, it doesn't show up on the task bar. If I try to reopen the same thing, it says I...
  10. Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing: I finally figures out how to import my IE favorites into the Edge favorites bar, and then how to re-order them. Does anyone know of a way to decrease the spacing between the icons themselves in the Edge favorites bar? 27124