Windows 10: Edge started randomly crashing/closing

Discus and support Edge started randomly crashing/closing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So today my Edge browser randomly stopped working. No idea why. Every time I open it and try to use it, it just randomly crashes and closes. I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/teutonicnight99, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Edge started randomly crashing/closing

So today my Edge browser randomly stopped working. No idea why. Every time I open it and try to use it, it just randomly crashes and closes. I haven't changed anything or done anything differently with my PC. Makes no sense. I have the new Edge browser.

submitted by /u/teutonicnight99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/teutonicnight99, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Mike_Keys Win User

IE and Edge Crashes Randomly Windows 10

I would suggest that you reset browsers. You can follow the steps on these links:

Hope it helps.

Mike_Keys, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge Randomly Closing and Jumping Pages

I just bought a band new computer with Windows 10. While using Microsoft Edge it will randomly close/crash while I am working on sorting my favorites or just reading a page. It also will randomly jump to the bottom to the page I'm currently on. I just
    got my computer two days ago, I don't think its anything I did.

KaisClover, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Edge started randomly crashing/closing

Windows randomly closes

My windows will randomly just close at odd times. Any suggestions?

MelissaPhilbert, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Edge started randomly crashing/closing

1. Edge started randomly crashing/closing - Similar Threads - Edge started randomly

2. edge closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  3. edge closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  4. File Explorer close/crash randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer close/crash randomly: Greetings, I'd rather not to call this "crash" because windows didn't even tell me there is a "crash". The file explorer just randomly close. No crash, no lags. And no, I'm not on Network sharing or something like that. This a personal PC. I've been experiencing this...
  5. Game randomly closing/crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game randomly closing/crashing: Hello so recently i built my gaming PC and I've been experiencing that the game I'm playing randomly closes/crashes and what i mean by 'closes' is that it just closes as if i would click the red cross or i would go to the Task Manager and ended the game task, i got a few blue...
  6. Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.: Recently I have an issue where for no apparent reason my windows apps, just all close. No stutter on the PC no freezing in game or in other applications, it all just stops. The Microsoft Store, Xbox Console Companion, and Forza Horizon 4 or Motorsport 7 will all just close...
  7. File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly: I have a few users on 1809 that when accessing files, file explorer will close and leave the file open at unpredictable intervals. I've tried running sfc/ scannow, I checked GPO drive mapping is set to update, the disconnect time for mapped drives is much longer than a lot of...
  8. Edge starts then crashes

in Browsers and Email
    Edge starts then crashes: Win 10 Pro x64 Version 1607 Build 14393.187 Edge starts and then crashes. It brings up the Edge banner screen for about 1 second then shuts down. I can find 3 event logs that are associated with this but I can't get to the next step and work out the failure. Event Log Online...
  9. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....
  10. Edge closes almost immediatliy after start

in Browsers and Email
    Edge closes almost immediatliy after start: Now Edge is not a browser I intend to use full time but was asked to try Netflix in it to figure out another problem, see my Netflix thread on that one. Every time I go to open edge I get the blue window to come up and then everything for it closes down. Looking at task...