Windows 10: Edge starts when returning from screen saver, etc

Discus and support Edge starts when returning from screen saver, etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Could someone please tell me, once and for all, how to stop edge from starting when I return from a locked screen. I also don't want it started under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimS0313, Jan 14, 2021.

1. JimS0313 Win User

Edge starts when returning from screen saver, etc

Could someone please tell me, once and for all, how to stop edge from starting when I return from a locked screen. I also don't want it started under ANY circumstances. This is my PC. Not microsoft's. I've tried different things I found on the web and I guess they aren't working. This is very annoying. Please don't try and sell me on Edge. This is my choice and if I choose something other than what Microsoft is shoving down my throat, I should be able to. Right?

:)

JimS0313, Jan 14, 2021

2. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jan 14, 2021
  3. screen saver personalization

Hi Margaret,

Microsoft is trying to modernize Windows 10 every update. And in return, we need to change the settings and the places of the options that the customers were familiar before. The screen saver settings can be found by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + I and press Personalization.
    • Select Lock screen, and then Screen saver settings.
    • From there, you can personalize your screen saver.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Edge starts when returning from screen saver, etc - Similar Threads - Edge starts returning

2. Screen saver does not automatically start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver does not automatically start: So recently I did a clean install of Windows 10 21H2. This was the version I was running before the clean install. My screen saver worked normally before but now it will not automatically start. I have tried unplugging all my USB devices, the same ones I have had plugged in...
  3. Screen saver does not automatically start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver does not automatically start: So recently I did a clean install of Windows 10 21H2. This was the version I was running before the clean install. My screen saver worked normally before but now it will not automatically start. I have tried unplugging all my USB devices, the same ones I have had plugged in...
  4. Screen saver does not automatically start

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Customizing screen saver to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos.

Customizing screen saver to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos.: Before Win10, screen saver could be customized to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos. How do I do this in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-screen-saver-to-use-wipes-fades-etc/b2b49571-b78d-47d7-baed-f77f5e6017a1
  6. screen saver wont start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen saver wont start: windows 10 screen saver wont start automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-wont-start/576d41fc-9b0c-485c-aed7-27b0c37016fd
  7. Screen saver does not start

Screen saver does not start: All of a sudden, my screen saver is not working. The computer stays on with wallpaper and icons all day long. I have checked the settings, and they seem to be ok....
  8. return to start screen when closing an app

return to start screen when closing an app: How can I get windows 10 to return to the start screen instead of the desktop when I close an app? Seems strange that we are forced to use the desktop after win 10 has being touted as the next big thing! Answers anyone? Please?...
  9. All screens are small when returning from screensaver

in Windows 10 Support
    All screens are small when returning from screensaver: I use a 32" LED TV as a monitor. I have for the last 4 years happily through Windows 7 and 8.1. Since moving over to Windows 10 if I walk away from my desktop for an extended period my screen is switched off as I expect but, when i jiggle my mouse the screen wakes up okay...
  10. All screens are small when returning from screensaver

in Windows 10 Support
    All screens are small when returning from screensaver: I use a 32" LED TV as a monitor. I have for the last 4 years happily through Windows 7 and 8.1. Since moving over to Windows 10 if I walk away from my desktop for an extended period my screen is switched off as I expect but, when i jiggle my mouse the screen wakes up okay...