Windows 10: Edge Stopped Asking What To Do With Each Download

Discus and support Edge Stopped Asking What To Do With Each Download in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It appears that the latest version of Edge (version 90.0.818.41) broke the function "Ask me what to do with each download" (the "Always as me if I want... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PJLLB, Apr 18, 2021.

1. PJLLB Win User

Edge Stopped Asking What To Do With Each Download

It appears that the latest version of Edge (version 90.0.818.41) broke the function "Ask me what to do with each download" (the "Always as me if I want to save a file or open it without saving" option) as no prompt is shown on the bottom left of the Edge Windows even though this option is set to on in the Downloads settings. Is anyone else seeing this or know of a workaround?

:)

PJLLB, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Edge Stopped Asking What To Do With Each Download

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Edge Stopped Asking What To Do With Each Download

1. Edge Stopped Asking What To Do With Each Download - Similar Threads - Edge Stopped Asking

2. How to stop getting downloads from Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop getting downloads from Edge: I have multiple Downloads from Edge and a file from there are multiple download that I have no idea about them and how they got there in File Explorer can I delete them? and how to stop from happening again? The bottom here ' Microsoft word online ' is the file and from the...
  3. How to stop getting downloads from Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop getting downloads from Edge: I have multiple Downloads from Edge and a file from there are multiple download that I have no idea about them and how they got there in File Explorer can I delete them? and how to stop from happening again? The bottom here ' Microsoft word online ' is the file and from the...
  4. what application asks the user what do you want to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what application asks the user what do you want to do: Elderly person needs to have the option of "what do you want to do" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-application-asks-the-user-what-do-you-want-to/7c75846b-7b2f-4d4e-8330-b1518f2f66f7
  5. what application asks the user what do you want to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what application asks the user what do you want to do: Elderly person needs to have the option of "what do you want to do" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-application-asks-the-user-what-do-you-want-to/7c75846b-7b2f-4d4e-8330-b1518f2f66f7
  6. Stop Edge blocking downloads

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Edge blocking downloads: Edge keeps blocking downloads and I have to select keep from pull down menu. I know it is not Defender, as Chrome is fine. I cannot find a setting to stop this annoying behaviour. Anybody know how to stop this? 183260
  7. asking download location for each download in edge

in Browsers and Email
    asking download location for each download in edge: I use Microsoft edge for most of my work. I download files many times from the internet we all do. Now the problem is each time I need to save files in different different locations. In my settings inside edge here is how they look [img] screenshot of chrome [img] is...
  8. How do I stop automatic downloads in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I stop automatic downloads in MS Edge?: Hi everybody, I've just installed Windows 10 yesterday and, while using the new Edge browser, I noticed something very annoying and haven't even found any topic about this online: whenever I click on a download button while surfing the net (and I could even have clicked it...
  9. Microsoft Edge asks "what to you want to do with ****.htm"?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge asks "what to you want to do with ****.htm"?: Hi, The last couple of weeks some of my websites will not open. Edge asks me what I want to do with ****.htm, then gives me the options of Save, Save As or Cancel. However, the websites open in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox fine. I have run SFC /scannow and found no...
  10. How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome???

in Browsers and Email
    How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome???: EVERY SINGLE TIME I open the wonderful Edge browser, i get asked if I want to install Google Chrome; I've told it 20 times I am NOT INTERESTED, but it still keeps up this stupid behavior.. How long until the "so called browser" works properly? It STILL doesn't save any of...