Windows 10: Edge Stopped Working as denoted in Reliability History

Discus and support Edge Stopped Working as denoted in Reliability History in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Win10 v1703 build 15063.608 Good Afternoon: I'm running Chrome (default), Edge, and IE11 on a 64 bit Win10 laptop. I recently Clean Installed... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Toronto Cat, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Edge Stopped Working as denoted in Reliability History

Win10 v1703 build 15063.608

Good Afternoon:

I'm running Chrome (default), Edge, and IE11 on a 64 bit Win10 laptop. I recently Clean Installed Win10.

When I check Reliability History, I get a clean report for days and weeks, until I use Edge. Everyday that I use Edge, I get a Application failure with a red "x" stating that "Edge Stopped Working". I search for solutions, and try the occasional fix suggested, including reset and clear cache and cookies, but nothing works. While using Edge I occasionally get a pop-up telling me my connection is disconnected, but I select re-connect and everything continues along unaffected. Otherwise it seems to work fine. But on those few occasions that I try it I get an App Failure in Reliability History. I do not get a Disconnect pop up or Application failure with either Chrome or IE11.

Has anyone else had this problem with Edge?

Maddening...

:)

Toronto Cat, Sep 19, 2017

2. Security and Maintenance and Photoshop

Under the Maintenance tab for Security and Maintenance in Windows 10 there is something called "reliability history". This graph shows incidences where specific programs are flagged "stoped working". The more of these incidences the worse your reliability.

However, while my Photoshop CC (2017) works perfectly well, it shows up in this reliability section as having stopped working each time I close out of Photoshop. This should not be happening. Microsoft Edge is also shown as "stopped working" even though
    I never use Edge. I use Firefox.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Paul

PaulRaffeld, Sep 19, 2017
  3. contact list in mail and reliability history(windows 10)

Hi everyone

After synchronization of my mail in one place in windows 10

? the question is : where is my contacts list

IN reliability history

no immediate or even delayed solutions for the problems that appear in it like (microsoft.windowscommunicationapps stopped working

the second question is why there is no built in solutions available when something stopped working? and

Why this reliability downgrade the system from 10 to almost 5 when something not related to windows 10 stop working like Opera? which i uninstalled but it appears in the reliability history as critical event and say that Opera is nonworking and down grade
    the system

ahmedmohesin, Sep 19, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Edge Stopped Working as denoted in Reliability History

philc43, Sep 20, 2017
  5. Thank you philc43. I'll review the Link you suggest, and wait for Microsoft to fix...

Toronto Cat, Sep 20, 2017
  6. Since that KB4038788 update my Edge fails about once every other day. It rarely ever gives any indication of a failure. I started keeping an eye on it with Reliability History. This is what I get for details:

Edge Stopped Working as denoted in Reliability History [​IMG]

Does make me wonder.

Wiley Coyote, Sep 20, 2017
  7. Yes, that's pretty much it. I get it frequently too, and haven't found a fix...but been trying.

Good luck to you too.

Thanks for your note.

8. Bree New Member

A few days after the update was released Microsoft updated the list of 'known issues' in its KB article to include Edge problems.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4038788

9. As always, Thanks Bree.

Wiley Coyote, Sep 20, 2017
  10. It pays to read the small print. Thank you Bree for being so thorough. Now I'm assured a fix is on the way.

Thx to all who replied and offered advice.

11. Despite Cumulative Update KB4040724 provided on September 25 and intended to fix the Edge problem, my issue continues unabated. Reliability History shows 3 Edge failures already today, and it's still morning.

Glad we have other browser choices.

Toronto Cat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge Stopped Working as denoted in Reliability History - Similar Threads - Edge Stopped Working

2. Reliability History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reliability History: Can someone explain why I am seeing this? My computer hangs frequently and I am seeing this in my reliability history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/2ab8e4d4-897a-4680-9456-2437ff53ebcc
  3. Reliability History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reliability History: Can someone explain why I am seeing this? My computer hangs frequently and I am seeing this in my reliability history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/2ab8e4d4-897a-4680-9456-2437ff53ebcc
  4. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?: Greetings,I have an HP laptop that I use for a short time each day, after which I routinely make a new restore point, check for updates & run maintenance prior to shutting down. I check reliability history every day and as a rule, I can go for days without any error reports....
  5. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?: Greetings,I have an HP laptop that I use for a short time each day, after which I routinely make a new restore point, check for updates & run maintenance prior to shutting down. I check reliability history every day and as a rule, I can go for days without any error reports....
  6. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Reliability History errors

Reliability History errors: Is it normal to have an error everyday in reliability history? I've already perform clean boot in my PC but the problem still persists. Here's the screenshot of my reliability history. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft edge silently crashing in view reliability history

Microsoft edge silently crashing in view reliability history: Problem signature Problem Event Name: crashpad_jserror ApplicationName: msedge.exe ApplicationVersion: 89.0.774.45 ComponentName: webui-favorites StackHash: 7309F81DB70859AB6B27002C5E009435BA083C5A SubType: SyntaxError FileName: Unknown SourcePosition: 1_1 OS Version:...
  9. reliability history

reliability history: why my pc shows windows not properly shutdown in reliability history although I have never improperly shut it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/15b03c5a-888f-4283-bd11-03755a8970ca
  10. Reliability history not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Reliability history not working: When I go to control panel > Security and Maint. > Maint. > View reliability history nothing happens, and control panel closes. This happened in the last build also. 5052