Windows 10: Edge stopped working. Says I'm not connected to the internet

Discus and support Edge stopped working. Says I'm not connected to the internet in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Suddenly edge has stopped working. It shows a "cant reach this page" at the top left" and "Hmm we couldn't find that page) Says I'm not connected to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pjollop, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Pjollop Win User

Edge stopped working. Says I'm not connected to the internet

Suddenly edge has stopped working. It shows a "cant reach this page" at the top left" and "Hmm we couldn't find that page) Says I'm not connected to the internet but I am. Its not my default browser, Google chrome is and that is working normally which rather proves that I'm connected to the internet. (and internet explorer is working well too) Also, at the same time all my emails have stopped displaying pictures (just a square with a cross in it)
    I'm baffled.
    ( windows 10 64 bit up to date, Kaspersky internet security 2017)

:)

Pjollop, Mar 8, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge will not download anything!

I've had Microsoft Edge for a while now but all of a sudden, it doesn't want to download anything! I've tried to fix it multiple ways and I've looked at other posts but nothing seems to work! I'm kind of getting annoyed because sometimes, it says I'm not
    connected to the internet, or videos stop playing for some reason. I don't know if it's my computer, internet, or Edge, or all of them. I'm wondering if anyone else has figured out a different way to fix this. I can't even open my downloads folder. Edge just
    closes without warning and nothing comes up after that. Can anyone help?

JacobBillson, Mar 8, 2017
  3. RyanBak Win User
    Internet connectivity issues while "connected, secured"

I'm running Windows 10 on my surface pro 4 and sometimes ill be working and the internet will just stop working, i.e. stop playing videos, webpage goes white with the not connected status, but the internet tab still says connected, secured. Anyone know
    why this happens?

RyanBak, Mar 8, 2017
  4. erikg Win User

Have you tried clearing your browser data in Edge? Click the three dots in the top right-hand part of the screen, then settings, then clear browsing data.

Erik.

erikg, Mar 9, 2017
  5. Pjollop Win User
    Thank you. tried that but no change. I have solved the problem by resetting Kaspersky internet security 2017 to its default settings. (phew!)

Pjollop, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge stopped working. Says I'm not connected to the internet - Similar Threads - Edge stopped working

2. The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the Internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the Internet: Hey, I have a problem in the microsoft store that says I'm not connected to the internet. I am trying to download a game on my PC, but when I click the "Get" button, an icon appears saying, "You will need the Internet for this" and it has the error code 0x800704cf. I'm not...
  3. Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT: In the Network & Internet settings of windows 10 I am seeing "You're connected to the internet" . But none of my browsers can get to a website. This computer is connected with an ethernet. I have restarted my router and all of my other ethernet and wifi computers can...
  4. Computer says no connection, even though i'm connected and internet works fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer says no connection, even though i'm connected and internet works fine: I have a weird little issue more like a minor annoyance than anything My pc is displaying the "not connected" symbol in the taksbar, however i am connected and have no issues using the internet....
  5. Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...: So this is an issue I've had for a few weeks now. Basically whenever I power up my computer and I check the network center it says that I'm connected to my wifi but there's no internet. The problem is that my browser is connecting to the internet and I can stream and watch...
  6. I can browse the Internet but it says i'm not connected.

I can browse the Internet but it says i'm not connected.: I'm connected to the internet and I can browse on internet, play online games and install programs. However it says I'm not connected to the network this stops me from downloading new network updates or logging onto adobe to do work. Sometimes when the PC is shutdown and...
  7. Store says I'm not connected to Internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store says I'm not connected to Internet: The store says that I'm not connected to the Internet when obviously I am. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-says-im-not-connected-to-internet/e457b3bc-8054-47e0-9967-f2365759a1e8"
  8. Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet

Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet: I am currently connected through Ethernet and am able to access the internet and any other programs that require the internet. My computer says that I'm "Connected" through Ethernet, but the icon shows that it isn't connected. It also says it isn't connected in the "Network &...
  9. Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Edge says I am not connected to the internet: Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only with Edge but also with some other Microsoft services like Cortana....
  10. Microsoft Store app says I'm not connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store app says I'm not connected to the internet: Tried opening Skype in a while and the app seems broken or smth, uninstalled it then went to the Store to install it again, but there it says to check my connection. Tried installing skype from the internet, but it sends me to the store again. My windows is(I think) genuine,...