Windows 10: Edge stuck as first window when pressing Alt + Tab

Discus and support Edge stuck as first window when pressing Alt + Tab in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When pressing Alt + Tab multiple times, sometimes Edge is stuck as the first window and the current window as second, so Alt + Tab won't move me into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LoadingBG, Jan 11, 2021.

1. LoadingBG Win User

Edge stuck as first window when pressing Alt + Tab

When pressing Alt + Tab multiple times, sometimes Edge is stuck as the first window and the current window as second, so Alt + Tab won't move me into Edge, but in a third window. I have the Open windows only setting in Settings > System > Multitasking. How can I prevent this?

:)

LoadingBG, Jan 11, 2021

2. my Alt-Tab items stuck

What is it's in It's getting my Alt-Tab items stuck
    and
    What thing in this thing gets stuck in the middle

Try the left or right Alt + Tab combo - if one works and not the other clean the Keybd
    Turn it upside down and tap the bottom, then vacuum

If it is a wireless KeyBd, change the batteries

Try another KeyBd

How many Windows are open? Does it work with fewer Windows open or when a specific app is not open?

Slartybart, Jan 11, 2021
  3. X47GVN Win User
    my Alt-Tab items stuck

After installing Windows 10 today. It's getting my Alt-Tab items stuck. Whenever I press Alt+Tab, this thing gets stuck in the middle:

Edge stuck as first window when pressing Alt + Tab vlH6ZaN.png

I really need some help as I'm very OC when it comes to this stuff. I can't focus on my work properly. Please.

X47GVN, Jan 11, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

my Alt-Tab items stuck

Hi X47GVN and welcome to Tenforums.
    I just tried Alt+Tab on my system and it works fine. There is an alternative though: have you tried just using the Task View icon to switch between open windows?

Edge stuck as first window when pressing Alt + Tab [​IMG]

simrick, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Edge stuck as first window when pressing Alt + Tab - Similar Threads - Edge stuck window

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab: Hello,I'm experiencing an issue with Alt+Tab behavior on Microsoft Edge tabs after changing the settings in Alt+Tab Window under Settings > System > Multitasking > All Tabs in Windows 11. Specifically, the tabs aren't switching when I press Alt+Tab. Has anyone else...
  5. The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab

The tabs on Egde aren't switching when I press Alt +Tab: Hello,I'm experiencing an issue with Alt+Tab behavior on Microsoft Edge tabs after changing the settings in Alt+Tab Window under Settings > System > Multitasking > All Tabs in Windows 11. Specifically, the tabs aren't switching when I press Alt+Tab. Has anyone else...
  6. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  7. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  8. Windows 10 stuck showing all Edge tabs with [Alt]+[Tab] regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 stuck showing all Edge tabs with [Alt]+[Tab] regardless of settings: I upgraded to the latest Windows 10 about a week ago, and now all my Edge tabs are showing when I use [Alt]+[Tab]. I've gone to Settings > System > Multitasking and the "Pressing Alt + Tab shows" option is set to "Open windows only". I've tried setting it all the other...
  9. Alt+tab stuck open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+tab stuck open: Was playing a F1 2020 and I wanted to record a little clip so I opened up geforce experience and started recording. When I went to close it used alt+z because I forgot the shortcut to stop recording. When I went to do this the menu started flickering opened than closed. I...
  10. Explorer.exe crashes when pressing Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer.exe crashes when pressing Alt+Tab: Hello, I'm currently facing an issue where explorer.exe is continuously crashing when I alt+tab. I've also noticed it when trying to do other things such as snap an explorer window to fill half of my screen. This issue started occurring just this week and I checked my...