Windows 10: Edge sync only possible with Microsoft account login und password input on system start?

Discus and support Edge sync only possible with Microsoft account login und password input on system start? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I try to synchronize my bookmarks in Edge to also use them on my phone. It seems that sync is only available if I use my Microsoft account as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Daniel Krafft, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Edge sync only possible with Microsoft account login und password input on system start?

Hello,

I try to synchronize my bookmarks in Edge to also use them on my phone. It seems that sync is only available if I use my Microsoft account as Windows login. But the necessity to Input my password every single time I start or Restart the PC is extremely annoying so I made my login a local account without Password again.

Is there any other way to use sync?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: How come that pretty much every other Windows app is able to have a separate account login (like Groove, Calender, Mail and OneDrive) and can be used independent of the Windows login account but Edge doesn't?

:)

Daniel Krafft, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?

If you are not already using it to sign in to Windows, switch to a Microsoft account (tutorial).

Final step is to check that sync is turned on in Edge (tutorial).

That's it. All Edge favorites, stored passwords, reading list and so on will be synced to your Microsoft account, and as soon as you sign in to any other Windows 10 device or your old machine after clean install and turn on syncing in Windows Settings and Edge, everything will be there.

3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 21, 2018
  4. demonguy Win User

Edge sync only possible with Microsoft account login und password input on system start?

How to auto login windows 10 if i use Microsoft account?

I didn't solve this by your suggestion. However, i reinstalled windows10, and log in with Microsoft account from start. Then netplwiz works well.

I found a interesting phenomenon. After unchecking the box of netplwiz, and type a wrong password, netplwiz will also exit with no error. Does it mean netplwiz only sotres the password i input and use this for logging in?

I have two hypothesises about netplwiz.
    1. auto login feature is a kernel feature, netplwiz just call this feature, the password you need to input after unchecking the box is just for authentication of current user.
    2. auto login feature is provided at userspace by netplwiz. the password you need to input after unchecking the box is stored somewhere and netplwiz will use this password to log in windows

At first i think first one is correct, but now it seems that second is correct, am i right?

demonguy, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Edge sync only possible with Microsoft account login und password input on system start?

1. Edge sync only possible with Microsoft account login und password input on system start? - Similar Threads - Edge sync possible

2. Microsoft account not syncing after login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account not syncing after login: Hello, i have not used my microsoft account until recently i decided to login to my pc in the settings and i think its not syncing correctly. #1 the profile photo is not showing#2 it is asking me to constantly login after a restart or a shutdown/power on as if i am setting it...
  3. Microsoft account not syncing after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account not syncing after login: Hello, i have not used my microsoft account until recently i decided to login to my pc in the settings and i think its not syncing correctly. #1 the profile photo is not showing#2 it is asking me to constantly login after a restart or a shutdown/power on as if i am setting it...
  4. Microsoft account not syncing after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Syncing/login of OneDrive, iCloud for Outlook, Microsoft store only via VPN possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing/login of OneDrive, iCloud for Outlook, Microsoft store only via VPN possible: Hello Community,some of my microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft store and activation of newly installed Office products and non-microsoft software Outlook plugin of iCloud doesn't login or sync without my computer being connected to my universities VPN service.The problem dates back...
  6. Syncing/login of OneDrive, iCloud for Outlook, Microsoft store only via VPN possible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing/login of OneDrive, iCloud for Outlook, Microsoft store only via VPN possible: Hello Community,some of my microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft store and activation of newly installed Office products and non-microsoft software Outlook plugin of iCloud doesn't login or sync without my computer being connected to my universities VPN service.The problem dates back...
  7. Syncing/login of OneDrive, iCloud for Outlook, Microsoft store only via VPN possible

8. MS Edge - Passwords sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge - Passwords sync: Hi, I am using MS edge across three devices. My Windows 11 desk top, mac and I phone.I assumed all three devices were linked to my ID the passwords will be shared and does not need to be re-entered on each device.Is there a way of sinking them all?Please advise and many...
  9. MS Edge - Passwords sync

MS Edge - Passwords sync: Hi, I am using MS edge across three devices. My Windows 11 desk top, mac and I phone.I assumed all three devices were linked to my ID the passwords will be shared and does not need to be re-entered on each device.Is there a way of sinking them all?Please advise and many...
  10. Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing: I first got this problem after installing a game from the xbox app, loading it, and then seeing that it can't connect to my xbox account. Since this was strange, I tried logging into my microsoft account from the xbox app itself, which then gave me an error. The most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sync system and microsoft account password

2. edge sync account login edge or windows