Windows 10: Edge takes an hour or more of computer user time before it can"find a page" without having...

Discus and support Edge takes an hour or more of computer user time before it can"find a page" without having... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I start my PC it works just fine except for Edge. When I open in I get a message Problem loading page. This can persist for an hour or more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DONRN, Nov 9, 2018.

1. DONRN Win User

Edge takes an hour or more of computer user time before it can"find a page" without having...

When I start my PC it works just fine except for Edge. When I open in I get a message Problem loading page. This can persist for an hour or more before it finally works normally. Once it works normally it continues to work normally. Firefox, which has become my go-to browser, has no issues. Why is this happening and how can I fix it. I tried disabling Norton without any success. Also reset my start gae with no success. New tabs don't help either.

:)

DONRN, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 9, 2018
  3. hurricane51 Win User
    Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Syed Md Bilal Win User

Edge takes an hour or more of computer user time before it can"find a page" without having...

Edge opening page under previous page

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check.

Follow the steps to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Select the options and click on Clear button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge takes an hour or more of computer user time before it can"find a page" without having... - Similar Threads - Edge takes hour

2. System restore to a half hour before in time taking 2+ hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore to a half hour before in time taking 2+ hours: I had two uodates performing at the same time and one auto-restarted which messed the first one up. I tried a system trstore to a half hour before the updates, but its now been 2 hours. Its still un the screen that says “please wait while tour windows files and settings are...
  3. Quick scan takes hours to complete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick scan takes hours to complete: What is going on with quick scan? I ran it yesterday and it took all day to run. Also is there a setting to run automatically. It is set to run real-time so is a scheduled scan unnecessary?...
  4. Edge opens and then closes without going to any pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens and then closes without going to any pages: For no apparent reason Edge has stopped working on my Windows 10 desktop. If I click on the taskbar or in the start menu Edge opens Initially the window is blue, then white but none of the icons in the window are functional. So it will not open any pages and, after 30 seconds...
  5. Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds

in Browsers and Email
    Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds: So I have a weird issue where I click on the menu dots(...) then settings, then the sidebar disappears, so I have to repeat that then it will open settings. It does the same thing with the bookmarks star. I have tried deleting and reinstalling edge, did nothing but lose...
  6. Wait and give Edge more time to snyc the favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    Wait and give Edge more time to snyc the favorites?: You're most welcome. This may help if you wanted to import favorites to Microsoft Edge. How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet...
  7. Update taking over an hour?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...
  8. Anyone having a problem with Edge start page at the moment?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone having a problem with Edge start page at the moment?: Tonight when I launch edge the Microsoft start page with all the news feeds is blank. It just displays the 'where to now' box at the top. Is something down MS end? Anyone else seeing the same issue? Other than that surfing in edge is fine, its just the home page that has no...
  9. Trying to backup computer before using it, but having problems

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to backup computer before using it, but having problems: I got me a Dell laptop and want to backup the OS and everything else to a flash drive in case of a future total failure. People have told me to use an external hard drive for the purpose because it has more room and can do repeated backups, but that's not a concern for me. I...
  10. Windows 10 computer takes hours and sometimes days to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 computer takes hours and sometimes days to boot: Hi. I have a Windows 10 computer. Just a few months ago, I encountered a problem, and it's really annoying me now. When my computer shuts down, it will take hours if not DAYS to boot. One time it took almost 2 days. The screen just stays blank, and I can't hear the fans or...