Windows 10: Edge takes up huge amounts of memory

Discus and support Edge takes up huge amounts of memory in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; At times my computer bogs down horribly.* Loading Taskmanager, which can take several minutes, shows Edge taking up 1gb of memory (more or less).* It... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Toller, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Toller Win User

Edge takes up huge amounts of memory

At times my computer bogs down horribly.* Loading Taskmanager, which can take several minutes, shows Edge taking up 1gb of memory (more or less).* It is usually 100mb or so.
    I have two other computers using Edge, and they seem fine.
    Is there any fix for this?

:)

Toller, Nov 23, 2016

2. Edge won't let me change my default browser?

Hi yea edge has total control. really thinking of uninstalling plus not much faster then other browsers. at times takes up a huge amount of memory. have to close which sucks, becuz gaming online then so messes up wha doing then ;-( Made another browser
    default but "EDGE" still takes control. It can not stop updating which seems to do at wrong time, while gaming online. why like to get updates myself but "Microsoft" won't let me now, whew.

ChicanoSurfer, Nov 23, 2016
  3. ColeGretz Win User
    system and compressed memory using huge amounts of disk space while gaming

I have an alieware x51 r2 with cpu i3 4150@ 3.5 GHz, gpu gtx 745, 1 Tb hard drive, 6gb ram

ColeGretz, Nov 23, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Grab Sysinternals Process Explorer and run it to see which sub-process is killing CPU cycles. You can go in and tweak Cortana, so that it is not sending data to Bing.com, along with settings in System that deals with Telemetry. Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

The other is do not log in with the email for a Live account. Use a standard Local network type account. Lastly move over to maybe Firefox or Chrome, which you have a lot better security options to help restrict what Flash and Javascript can do to keep Pop-overs and such from killing your browsing sessions.

bro67, Nov 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Edge takes up huge amounts of memory - Similar Threads - Edge takes huge

2. PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder: I've seen another thread in this forum regarding PCDr (a folder within the ProgramData folder) and a couple of answers suggesting it could be either Dell software or malware. I have a Dell desktop myself, and I looked a bit more carefully at the contents of this folder when I...
  3. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet: Good Afternoon! Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS: Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise Version: 1703 OS Build: 15063.11 System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor I noticed however,...
  4. seeing the 0 PID has a huge amount of foreign ips

seeing the 0 PID has a huge amount of foreign ips: hey I've been seeing the 0 PID has a huge amount of foreign ips .. why is that.? and what is swapfile.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/3670799e-eb21-49cd-a39c-bc5499effc26"
  5. Windows takes an inordinate amount of time to start up/restart/resume

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows takes an inordinate amount of time to start up/restart/resume: HP desktop i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41GHz 16GB RAM Win 10 Home While this computer has a good amount of RAM, it goes from restart to "severely congested/slow to resumefrom sleep" fairly quickly (a couple of days). Now I admit that my practice of keeping several workspaces...
  6. Windows takes an inordinate amount of time to start up/restart/resume

Windows takes an inordinate amount of time to start up/restart/resume: HP desktop i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41GHz 16GB RAM Win 10 Home While this computer has a good amount of RAM, it goes from restart to "severely congested/slow to resumefrom sleep" fairly quickly (a couple of days). Now I admit that my practice of keeping several workspaces...
  7. DWM.exe taking up high memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM.exe taking up high memory: [ATTACH] So i dont know what the problem is. Please dont say use the troubleshooter that doesnt work it says theres nothing wrong and sometimes ill get an error where troubleshooter wont work at all. If you can help that would be greatly appreciated thank you...
  8. Service Host: Disk Defragmenter taking up huge amounts of CPU 24/7

Service Host: Disk Defragmenter taking up huge amounts of CPU 24/7: Seriously, it's starting to concern me how it's permanently taking up this much of my CPU... Here's a link showing how much of the CPU it's taking up, it's been like this for days now. https://i.imgur.com/k94cXGa.png 73560
  9. Process taking up alot of memory.

Process taking up alot of memory.: Hey guys, so I have this process it's taking up alot of memory. [img] My computer Stats: [img] 28198
  10. Help to delete a huge amount of folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Help to delete a huge amount of folders: Hello Guys, So i was trying to install a new language on my laptop. and i downloaded the language file which is a RAR folder then i extracted it directly to OS(C*Smile the problem is i got a super huge amount of folders and files extracted there almost 12000 folders or...