Windows 10: Edge takes up huge amounts of memory

Discus and support Edge takes up huge amounts of memory in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; At times my computer bogs down horribly.* Loading Taskmanager, which can take several minutes, shows Edge taking up 1gb of memory (more or less).* It... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Toller, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Toller Win User

Edge takes up huge amounts of memory

At times my computer bogs down horribly.* Loading Taskmanager, which can take several minutes, shows Edge taking up 1gb of memory (more or less).* It is usually 100mb or so.
    I have two other computers using Edge, and they seem fine.
    Is there any fix for this?

:)

Toller, Nov 23, 2016

2. Edge won't let me change my default browser?

Hi yea edge has total control. really thinking of uninstalling plus not much faster then other browsers. at times takes up a huge amount of memory. have to close which sucks, becuz gaming online then so messes up wha doing then ;-( Made another browser
    default but "EDGE" still takes control. It can not stop updating which seems to do at wrong time, while gaming online. why like to get updates myself but "Microsoft" won't let me now, whew.

ChicanoSurfer, Nov 23, 2016
  3. ColeGretz Win User
    system and compressed memory using huge amounts of disk space while gaming

I have an alieware x51 r2 with cpu i3 4150@ 3.5 GHz, gpu gtx 745, 1 Tb hard drive, 6gb ram

ColeGretz, Nov 23, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Grab Sysinternals Process Explorer and run it to see which sub-process is killing CPU cycles. You can go in and tweak Cortana, so that it is not sending data to Bing.com, along with settings in System that deals with Telemetry. Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

The other is do not log in with the email for a Live account. Use a standard Local network type account. Lastly move over to maybe Firefox or Chrome, which you have a lot better security options to help restrict what Flash and Javascript can do to keep Pop-overs and such from killing your browsing sessions.

bro67, Nov 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Edge takes up huge amounts of memory - Similar Threads - Edge takes huge

2. powershell is using up a huge amount of my memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powershell is using up a huge amount of my memory: Hello, I've noticed whenever I'm using my computer now and I open task manager, powershell.exe is using up a large amount of memory. Even when I don't have any other software open. I suspect maybe this is some type of malware of mining thing going on? It's effecting my PCs...
  3. powershell is using up a huge amount of my memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powershell is using up a huge amount of my memory: Hello, I've noticed whenever I'm using my computer now and I open task manager, powershell.exe is using up a large amount of memory. Even when I don't have any other software open. I suspect maybe this is some type of malware of mining thing going on? It's effecting my PCs...
  4. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  5. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  6. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

7. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  8. Windows 'system and reserved' taking up a huge amount of space in an unknown location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 'system and reserved' taking up a huge amount of space in an unknown location: I tried to install a large game, and I realized my computer was running out of space. When went to the Storage Settings, I saw that 145 GB of my Local Disk C I only have Disk was being used up out of 167 GB. When I clicked on show more categories, 86.4 GB was being used up by...
  9. WSL take huge amount of disk space??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL take huge amount of disk space??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/6razyboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7t8lq/wsl_take_huge_amount_of_disk_space/
  10. PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder: I've seen another thread in this forum regarding PCDr (a folder within the ProgramData folder) and a couple of answers suggesting it could be either Dell software or malware. I have a Dell desktop myself, and I looked a bit more carefully at the contents of this folder when I...