Windows 10: Edge - "This File Might Have Been Moved Or Deleted"

Discus and support Edge - "This File Might Have Been Moved Or Deleted" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Not sure if anybody else is experiencing the same thing or not, but if I download an .exe type of file & try running it (after it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mayorville, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Edge - "This File Might Have Been Moved Or Deleted"

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if anybody else is experiencing the same thing or not, but if I download an .exe type of file & try running it (after it downloads), I get the message "This file might have been moved or deleted". For example, if I download Firefox, it will give me the message

If I go to my downloads folder, it runs with no problems.

The only thing I can think of is that I moved my downloads folder from C:\Users\UserName\Downloads to D:\Users\UserName\Downloads

Has anybody seen this &/or know what the fix would be?

Thanks

:)

mayorville, Jul 6, 2015
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Microsoft Edge - File might have been moved or is corrupted

Hi,

I would suggest you to post your query on TechNet forums. Please refer to the following link:

Technet forums - Windows 10 General

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 6, 2015
  3. OmegaSyn Win User
    Microsoft Edge - File might have been moved or is corrupted

Hi All,

I have started testing Windows 10 Pro in our work environment and have noticed an issue with Edge, when it downloads any kind of file and/or program.

When you click run or open, it will display the error that the file cannot be open as it might have been moved or has become corrupted. However you can click the Go to downloaded folder, or open the downloads folder manually and can see the file and access
    it as normal.

I remember in Technical Preview that Project Spartan showed the same issue due to it not detecting the Folder Redirection correctly to our main file server - so is this issue still present in Microsoft Edge?

Windows 10 Pro

Folder Redirection Policy in place (and works fine except for this one issue) on Windows Server 2012

Many Thanks

OmegaSyn, Jul 6, 2015
Thema:

Edge - "This File Might Have Been Moved Or Deleted"

1. Edge - "This File Might Have Been Moved Or Deleted" - Similar Threads - Edge File Might

2. "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted": I suddenly got this and half of the apps aren't working also logged me out of all of my accounts. I already did the basic troubleshooting and restarting but it didn't really fix all of them my wallpaper got removed or just turned black and whenever I try to change it in the...
  3. "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted": I suddenly got this and half of the apps aren't working also logged me out of all of my accounts. I already did the basic troubleshooting and restarting but it didn't really fix all of them my wallpaper got removed or just turned black and whenever I try to change it in the...
  4. File not foundIt may have been moved, edited, or deleted. ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File not foundIt may have been moved, edited, or deleted. ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: File not foundIt may have been moved, edited, or deleted.ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-not-foundit-may-have-been-moved-edited-or/bbf6d063-e968-447f-8cb1-e3681c54d9d3
  5. File not foundIt may have been moved, edited, or deleted. ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File not foundIt may have been moved, edited, or deleted. ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: File not foundIt may have been moved, edited, or deleted.ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-not-foundit-may-have-been-moved-edited-or/bbf6d063-e968-447f-8cb1-e3681c54d9d3
  6. All of a sudden "Can't open this item - It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden "Can't open this item - It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted.": I've just been chilling on twitch today and all of a sudden most of my programs just turned white, I have no idea why. And now the reference to the executable is gone, or the program is gone ? I'm not really sure what happened.As illustrated in the image above, about half of...
  7. All of a sudden "Can't open this item - It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of a sudden "Can't open this item - It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted.": I've just been chilling on twitch today and all of a sudden most of my programs just turned white, I have no idea why. And now the reference to the executable is gone, or the program is gone ? I'm not really sure what happened.As illustrated in the image above, about half of...
  8. All of a sudden "Can't open this item - It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Files copied from ZIP file might not have been copied or moved

in Windows 10 News
    Files copied from ZIP file might not have been copied or moved: [ATTACH] Yet another bug has been discovered in Windows 10 v1809 which results in a false sense of files copied or moved from a ZIP or archive files. The issue is specific when there are files with the same name in [...] This post Files copied from ZIP file might not have...
  10. The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved...

in Windows 10 Support
    The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved...: I apologize if this is the wrong section, I'm new to this forums, but I'm kinda desperate. I barely use my PC, I use it mostly for games, music and some videos now and then. Also incase I've forgotten to mention it's pretty new (maybe 2 months old). I pinned my VLC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this file might have been moved or deleted

2. the file might be moved or deleted problem in edge

3. the file has been moved or deleted

4. download file might have been moved or deleted,
  5. the file might have been moved or deleted,
  6. this file was deleted or moved,
  7. this file has been moved or deleted restore microsoft edge,
  8. launch.ica has been moved or deleted error,
  9. launch.ica has been moved or deleted edge,
  10. edge this file may have been moved or deleted,
  11. file might have been moved or deleted edge,