Windows 10: Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting

Discus and support Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Do not get me wrong here, I like the new Edge Chromium, but if MS does not let users to choose whatever the New Tab content may be, then I meed to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by win10freak, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting

Do not get me wrong here, I like the new Edge Chromium, but if MS does not let users to choose whatever the New Tab content may be, then I meed to leave this browser and choose something else... I even downloaded the Edge policy templates and imported them into my local GPO settings and configured it to be set to ABOUT:BLANK did a GPUPDATE /FORCE and still the Microsoft content page appeares whenever I choose a New tab page. Is there any other ways to accomplish this?

:)

win10freak, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Zapat Win User

GPO to Microsoft Edge settings

Is there a way to disable edge settings page via GPO

Zapat, Jun 1, 2021
  3. wi7bit Win User
    wi7bit, Jun 1, 2021
  4. VBarbas Win User

Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting

Microsoft Edge GPO settings

Any way in order to configure Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla using GPO?

Thanks

VBarbas, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting

1. Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting - Similar Threads - Edge totally ignores

2. Set language through GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set language through GPO: Hi Microsoft Community.I'm trying to set the language of some PCs to Spanish through GPO and it kind of works because every time that I unlock and log in on the PC, it automatically changes back to English.Thanks in advance for your help....
  3. Set Edge as Default Browser through GPO

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Edge as Default Browser through GPO: Hi All, I am trying to set the default browser to Edge for all computers in my company's domain via a GPO. We are fully a Windows 10 shop, and I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to do this for Windows 10, but the default browser is not being changed to Edge....
  4. power settings ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power settings ignored: Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings-ignored/3933bc6a-c203-4728-bffa-3b8b57dbc455
  5. GPO to Microsoft Edge settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO to Microsoft Edge settings: Is there a way to disable edge settings page via GPO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpo-to-microsoft-edge-settings/60016cd2-35f6-43ba-8dfb-dd83623ff0d5
  6. Question about MDT and GPO Packages

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about MDT and GPO Packages: First, I apologise for any formatting issues as I'm on mobile. With SCM being abandoned by Microsoft, is there an easy alternative to building a GPO package for Windows 10 deployment? 133218
  7. Win10 wifi totally ignores my DO NOT CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY settings and connects while the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 wifi totally ignores my DO NOT CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY settings and connects while the...: I do NOT want to automatically connect to the internet, so I naturally unchecked the box "Connect Automatically" in the window showing all wifi networks available, and ALSO withing the Network Connections (settings/wifi/change adapter options/my wifi in the Network...
  8. File History settings by GPO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History settings by GPO: Hi! I can't find any Group Policies for controlling File History (on Windows 10) in a domain/AD... Is this not possible? Best, /LS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/file-history-settings-by-gpo/52bbdc84-e3c4-4fa5-81f4-457a2b35c4ed
  9. Totally unimpressed by edge

in Browsers and Email
    Totally unimpressed by edge: It doesn't do much does it? I can't believe they still haven't included url paste and go in the address bar. i'd rather have the address bar in the usual place across the top . The location of the favourites bar is in a terrible position on the right, what on earth is...
  10. GPO settings being ignored

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPO settings being ignored: Hello all, So I have configured in my GPO settings to push down the CD/DVD write as disabled for laptops. In essence meaning that users that fall under the laptop groups can use the optical drive. Now as of recent August updates, users are now randomly not able to do...