Windows 10: Edge unable to connect to the internet

Discus and support Edge unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just installed the latest OS update (Windows Insider - Slow Ring) OS 17713.1002. Edge will not connect to the internet. Internet Explorer will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaymondLukaszewski, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Edge unable to connect to the internet

I just installed the latest OS update (Windows Insider - Slow Ring) OS 17713.1002. Edge will not connect to the internet. Internet Explorer will work OK.

:)

RaymondLukaszewski, Jul 26, 2018

2. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Jul 26, 2018
  3. edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Edge unable to connect to the internet

Unable to connect to internet on browsers except for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nad,

Thank you for replying with the error messages received on trying to connect to internet on different browsers.

Please reply, did you try performing System restore as suggested in the above post?

If haven’t tried performing System restore, flush your PC’s
    DNS cache by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved. Performing the below steps will clear DNS cache from the computer and renew the IP configuration set on the computer.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter after each entries:
      • ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew
    • Close the windows and check if the changes are effective.

If the above steps does not resolve the issue, perform
    System restore by following steps mentioned in the above post and check if it helps.

Write to us with the status of unable to connect to internet on other browser except for Edge on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Edge unable to connect to the internet

1. Edge unable to connect to the internet - Similar Threads - Edge unable connect

2. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  3. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  4. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to internet: Got hacked and now can't connect to the internet. Removed all downloads related to day and have numerous troubleshooting instructions with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-internet/8b0b75cc-583f-4b78-b8ca-7b925d407012
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to internet: Got hacked and now can't connect to the internet. Removed all downloads related to day and have numerous troubleshooting instructions with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-internet/8b0b75cc-583f-4b78-b8ca-7b925d407012
  7. Unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to internet: On my laptop, I'm unable to connect to the internet, and my wifi option disappears when I troubleshoot it reset my network adapter, and restart the laptop, but still not able to see an icon on the network tab.What can i do to fix this ?my laptop: ASUS TUF GAMING A15 OS:...
  8. unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect to internet: Recently, my laptop Lenovo has been unable to connect to the Internet. I didn't install a new update or anything which is what most people suggest triggers the problem but I did perform a clean boot to solve touch pad problems so perhaps that caused it. I have run a...
  9. Edge not connecting to Internet

Edge not connecting to Internet: Edge opens, but has stopped connecting to the internet... It will not find any web site. I get the message: 'Can't reach this page' no matter what HTML I use. The details show: "There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code:...
  10. Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge

Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge: I've just recently upgraded my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After that, I am facing internet connection problem. I'm still able to connect to the wifi and have no problem connecting by the ethernet port, however, the only problem is I am unable access other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge unable to connect to internet

2. edge connect to internet

3. unable to conect the internet using edge

4. unable to conenct edge to internt,
  5. Unable to connect to internet edge,
  6. unable to connect to internet with edge,
  7. unable to connect to internet on microsoft edge