Windows 10: Edge Update and Everything Lost!

Discus and support Edge Update and Everything Lost! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I come in this morning and have an EDGE update. My desktop has been completely wiped out, my favorites are gone, my edge start page does not link to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnOMeilia, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Edge Update and Everything Lost!

So I come in this morning and have an EDGE update. My desktop has been completely wiped out, my favorites are gone, my edge start page does not link to where I had it and all my passwords that are auto filled are gone. In addition, the mail button does not take me anywhere; it is a dead link!

Why would Microsoft program an update and then have all this caused? Are they trying to get everyone to move to a different browser?

I would like help on how to retrieve all of this that I mentioned. I don't find a Restore point anywhere on my computer so that's not gonna work.

Help is needed!

:)

JohnOMeilia, Jul 15, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Unwanted search bar on Microsoft Edge and Steam Browser

Hi Noah,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you clear the data of Edge and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbw

• Delete everything in this folder.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge and check.
    With respect to issue that you are facing with Steam I would suggest that you contact the developer as we do not support third part application.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Edge Update and Everything Lost!

Lost edge favorites after yesterday's Win 10 update

Hi Margot,

To recover your Favorites in Microsoft Edge, you may refer to Vanessa Sohtun's post
    here. As for your second concern, we suggest checking if your System Restore is
    enabled because if System Restore is turned off, all your points get deleted. To check if System Restore is turned on, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Search/Cortana.
    • Type Create a restore point and then press Enter.
    • Check if the system protection is turned on or off.

Any update is much appreciated.

Paola Gar, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Edge Update and Everything Lost!

1. Edge Update and Everything Lost! - Similar Threads - Edge Update Everything

2. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost everything: Restarted my computer and it wiped out everything is there anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-everything/b99b4f59-196a-4216-955b-69e1750bf039
  3. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost everything: Restarted my computer and it wiped out everything is there anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-everything/b99b4f59-196a-4216-955b-69e1750bf039
  4. Lost most everything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost most everything.: Looks like I had a power surge during the day. Turned my computer on and everything has changed. Went to look for my pics and have none. Nothing on my home screen is the same. Is there anyway to restore? Plus I thought Microsoft 10 had a backup, but I can't find. What do I...
  5. Lost Almost Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Almost Everything: I recently got on my hp laptop and when I put in my pin, it said preparing windows as if it had factory reset. The weird thing is a couple desktop applications survived but NO files. Everything on it except for those was deleted. The only change I made was stopping microsoft...
  6. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost everything: Hey there, am hoping for some help, I realize this is probably an impossible ask, but nevertheless here I am. About a 2 months ago, my wife’s computer went into an endless loop of ‘diagnosing pc’. After numerous phone calls with Microsoft and endless troubleshooting attempts...
  7. Everything lost after windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything lost after windows update.: Why do I lose all my downloads and favorites every time windows updates on my computer and it has done this 6 times in the last 2 months. My daughter's Mac is looking good right now....
  8. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost everything: I turned on my computer and it automatically updated my browser from Edge to Chromium Edge. It deleted all of my favorites and saved passwords to important websites that I visit often. How do I get them back?...
  9. I lost everything after upgrading Windows 10 to Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost everything after upgrading Windows 10 to Edge.: I lost everything after upgrading Windows 10 to Edge. I now have no Word or Excel files and my QuickBooks that I keep business records on are now totally empty. It is like a blank computer all downloads, save files, and everything is gone. Thank you. * Moved from...
  10. lost everything

in Windows 10 Support
    lost everything: Turned pc on and bang lost everything.win ten was asking for me to buy. security license said expired. 10 manager said buy. what the heck happened? 4912