Windows 10: Edge update has issues with support.microsoft sites

Discus and support Edge update has issues with support.microsoft sites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had my edge browser update to 89.774.63 yesterday. I am unable to go to any support.microsoft.com sites as it gives a bad request-request too long,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by XXLMandalorian, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Edge update has issues with support.microsoft sites

I had my edge browser update to 89.774.63 yesterday. I am unable to go to any support.microsoft.com sites as it gives a bad request-request too long, HTTP error 4004 The size of the request header is too long. This happened on a previous update as well.

Clearing the cookies/cache fixes it but it's annoying losing all of that cache each update. It's no issue on those sites in Chrome. We are on a domain at work and a coworker had no issues with the same site in edge on the same version. I also asked one of our "work at home people" to try it as well on the same version on their home internet and they had no issue.

Anyone else having this issue? What could be on my end that would cause this?

:)

XXLMandalorian, Mar 30, 2021
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 30, 2021
  4. DougMarvy Win User

Edge update has issues with support.microsoft sites

Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Thanks for the time, Parth. You explain how to show the most visited sites. This I know. I've asked how to sort them, , and you do not address my question.

DougMarvy, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Edge update has issues with support.microsoft sites

1. Edge update has issues with support.microsoft sites - Similar Threads - Edge update has

2. All links to Microsoft support sites covering specific issues are redirected to Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All links to Microsoft support sites covering specific issues are redirected to Microsoft...: Whenever I follow a Microsoft link directing me to get help on a specific issue, the link gets redirected to Microsoft support homepage.Example:The link circled in red above asks me permission to send data regarding an error displayed in Event Viewer to Microsoft in order to...
  3. All links to Microsoft support sites covering specific issues are redirected to Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All links to Microsoft support sites covering specific issues are redirected to Microsoft...: Whenever I follow a Microsoft link directing me to get help on a specific issue, the link gets redirected to Microsoft support homepage.Example:The link circled in red above asks me permission to send data regarding an error displayed in Event Viewer to Microsoft in order to...
  4. Javascript disabled on on sites on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Javascript disabled on on sites on Microsoft Edge: If I open up a new tab and it goes to the default Edge page, it shows at the top javascript is disabled and cookies are turned off red X on both in the address bar. I checked and they are all on. This started happening after an update. Going to Ksat.com shows a blank screen...
  5. Javascript disabled on on sites on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Javascript disabled on on sites on Microsoft Edge: If I open up a new tab and it goes to the default Edge page, it shows at the top javascript is disabled and cookies are turned off red X on both in the address bar. I checked and they are all on. This started happening after an update. Going to Ksat.com shows a blank screen...
  6. This is a very Nice // Microsoft Edge// edge://site-engagement

in Browsers and Email
    This is a very Nice // Microsoft Edge// edge://site-engagement: This is a very Nice // Microsoft Edge// edge://site-engagement Improving Tracking Prevention in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog *Thumbs - - - Updated - - - See blocked trackers https://youtu.be/vPG4FSJx4qI 145926
  7. Is this link for a legit Microsoft support chat site?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this link for a legit Microsoft support chat site?: Hello all: I was having issues activating Windows 10 after doing a motherboard replacement. I followed a chat link I found on Google (linked below), and the guy remoted into my computer, asked to see proof of purchase of the motherboard, then asked for a few account...
  8. Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates: I maintain sites using Dreamweaver/Filezilla. After loading updates to the site I cannot see any change using Edge but can see them using Firefox. The control panel on the web site also shows the files as having been updated. The updates do appear after a period of time but I...
  9. Previewing support for same-site cookies in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Previewing support for same-site cookies in Microsoft Edge: Yesterday’s Windows Insider Preview build (build 17672) introduces support for the SameSite cookies standard in Microsoft Edge, ahead of a planned rollout in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Same-site cookies enable more protection for users against cross-site request...
  10. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...