Windows 10: edge update . I lost all my favorites from IE

Discus and support edge update . I lost all my favorites from IE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I logged on today my system updated to edge and I lost ALL my favorites on IE , I never used edge or Bing. I used google as my search engine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by big DLS, Jun 25, 2020.

1. big DLS Win User

edge update . I lost all my favorites from IE

When I logged on today my system updated to edge and I lost ALL my favorites on IE , I never used edge or Bing. I used google as my search engine and I fumbled around trying to import my favorites. Instead it imported some very old favorite bar which is of no use . I downloaded IE and followed most of the instructions that I found on the internet and I am stuck now. How do I get my most recent favorite bar. I am no a computer expert. I use it for work and personal reasons only . Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

D

:)

big DLS, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Lost edge favorites after yesterday's Win 10 update

Hi Margot,

To recover your Favorites in Microsoft Edge, you may refer to Vanessa Sohtun's post
    here. As for your second concern, we suggest checking if your System Restore is
    enabled because if System Restore is turned off, all your points get deleted. To check if System Restore is turned on, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Search/Cortana.
    • Type Create a restore point and then press Enter.
    • Check if the system protection is turned on or off.

Any update is much appreciated.

Paola Gar, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Lost Favorites after upgrade

Hi,

It's really odd that your favorites in Edge disappeared after an update occurred, when all it has to do is to enhance the performance of your computer. However, we suggest that you check if it's still in the favorites folder on your computer. Follow these
    steps to locate the favorites folder:

• Press the Windows icon + R on your keyboard, then type in "AppData".
    • Once done, navigate to this location, "Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\Favorites".
    • If your favorites are still on the folder, import it to your Edge browser.

Here's the link on how to
    import favorites in Microsoft Edge. On the drop down, choose "Import from a file".

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jun 25, 2020
  4. gabbydgar Win User

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. edge update . I lost all my favorites from IE - Similar Threads - edge update lost

2. All of my Favorites lost

in Browsers and Email
    All of my Favorites lost: For some reason within the last couple of hours I have lost all of my favourites which I use when I go on to the internet. I have looked in File Explorer and the folders are completely empty. I definitely haven't purposely deleted these from the folder but they have gone...
  3. Windows Edge Updated Lost all Favorites Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Edge Updated Lost all Favorites Data: Edge was updated May 21, 2020 and all of my favorites data and bookmarks were lost. I can import from IE but I updated to Windows 10 and Edge a couple years ago so that is not the correct information. Where is the Edge information from this morning?...
  4. Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites: a recent Windows update left me with no contacts in Windows live mail and no favorites in Microsoft Edge. What's up with that and is there a way to restore them? Windows 10 32 bit always latest update! 144388
  5. Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites: a recent Windows update left me with no contacts in Windows live mail and no favorites in Microsoft Edge. What's up with that and is there a way to restore them? Windows 10 32 bit always latest update! 144388
  6. Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge: I been trying to delete all the favorites out of microsoft edge at one time. This does not seem possible. Seems like a good browser but I am tired of messing with the favorites. I would think that all the technology you guys you could make this a simple task. I don't...
  7. Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?: Are all my Favorites from MS Edge saved in a cloud? I'm opening up my User folder and Favorites and my favorites are not listed. 25704
  8. Lost favorites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Lost favorites in Edge: With the last update for win 10 I lost most of my favorites. I created a new folder in favorites but cannot find it on my PC. Where is it stored? Thank you. 32075
  9. Delete all favorites from Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Delete all favorites from Edge?: I did a big cleanup of all my Favorites in IE11, then deleted all my Favorites/Bookmarks in Chrome and Firefox and re-imported them from IE11 to make sure everything is up-to-date, at least on my primary Windows machine. I'd like to do the same in Edge but I can't find an...
  10. IE favorites

in Browsers and Email
    IE favorites: In build 10130, I have been deleting unwanted favourites, they end up in the recycle bin and are then deleted. Next time I switch on the pc, the unwanted favourites have reappeared. What am I doing wrong? 7414