Windows 10: Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites

Discus and support Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC has just been updated with the new version of Edge and all of my Favorites have disappeared. How can I restore the Favorites that were available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeithRichardson_063, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites

My PC has just been updated with the new version of Edge and all of my Favorites have disappeared. How can I restore the Favorites that were available in Edge before this update?

:)

KeithRichardson_063, Jun 19, 2020

2. Loss of "Favorites"

Hi Richard
    Thank you for posting in Microsoft community!
    You've reached the right forum for your question. As I understand, you face the issue with the favorites .I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps to check if it helps.

1. Are you referring to desktop Internet Explorer or in Edge ?

2. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

3. Do you receive any error message?

Both the Internet Explorer and desktop versions share the same Favorites in Windows 10.

In the Internet Explorer , the Favorites are not organized in folder like you are when opened in the IE desktop version.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Method 1:

You may check if favorites are stored in the C:\Users\(user-name)\Favorites user folder.

Method 2:

To Add "Favorites" in Internet Explorer (Windows UI)

a. While in IE (Windows UI) from the Start screen, open the website that you want to add to the Favorites, and do step b, c, or d below for what you would like to do.
    b. Press the Windows + Z keys, and go to step e below.
    c. Right click on an empty area in IE, and go to step e below.
    d. Swipe up from the bottom of the touch screen, and go to step e below.
    e. To the right of the address bar, click/tap on the Pin site button, and click/tap on Add to favorites.

Reference links:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Browse the web

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/favorites-pinning#firstTabControl=tab1
    Method 3 : If you are using edge Try to add favorites in Edge

By going to the Favorites in 'Hub' and right clicking the folder 'Favorites Bar'.
    Please reply with the results. I would be glad to assist you further.

Thanks

Er.

Mayank Chadha, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Eric_999 Win User

Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites

Favorites How do I find my favorites in Edge

While browsing another thread, I found the answer to my previous question. Including it here in case others are searching for the location where favorites are stored.

Kindly, follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
    (Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer).

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.
    • Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested.

Eric_999, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites

1. Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites - Similar Threads - Edge update June

2. Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem: I got an auto update on Windows 10 in late June. Since this update, I have to sign into Chrome and every one of my apps every day. I don't want to use Edge. I've set Chrome as my default browser. But, I still have to sign in...and I get notifications that I have signed in...
  3. June 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    June 2020 update: I run Opera browser and I did my weekly update. I notice after doing the update today that when I open my browser it stays open for about 2 minutes and then closes itself. Im wondering if with the Microsoft edge if this is doing it because windows wants me to use their...
  4. June 2020 update to Sudoku

in Windows 10 Gaming
    June 2020 update to Sudoku: Is there any way to remove just the update to Microsoft Sudoku June 2020? I loved the game prior to the update, I'm no longer interested due to the new version. Thank you....
  5. Edge Update to Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Update to Favorites: Today I just had an update to Edge. Problem is, rather than some minor improvements it totally changed all my Favorites, and when I say changed I mean TOTALLY. It took away my Favorites bar and it seems to have totally reset EVERYTHING, forcing me to start all over again....
  6. Uninstall the latest Edge that infected me June 2020 Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall the latest Edge that infected me June 2020 Microsoft Edge: Like it says, really. <RANT> The unwanted and thoroughly unloved MS Edge decided to install its latest iteration on my laptop. That was bad enough but what really annoyed me was that its so bad it felt the need to spawn a series of highly irritating screens at the next...
  7. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: My printer Brother MFC J220 stopped functioning after the June Windows Update. I thought it was because it was an older model as I have had it for several years. I tried uninstalling it, but the printer icon was no longer there all that was there was a small square. I tried...
  8. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: Hi! I just noticed a few system issues with my laptop after the June 2020 update. First, after turning on the computer and loading the browser, a lot of "+++" symbols appear on the search bar. This does not apply to the browser alone but to any empty search bar e.g. start...
  9. Cumulative update June 9, 2020

Cumulative update June 9, 2020: After installing the June 9th cumulative update the Lenovo T580 does not see the audio jack in our docking port. Tried troubleshoot but it just says audio speaker is unplugged. Restarted laptop, unplugged and plugged back in both USB-C connection to dock and the speaker jack...
  10. Edge?2020 June???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge?2020 June???: Really? Microsoft?... You literally forced the app on Windows 10 users?....I'm talking about EDGE..... No way to uninstall...Had to use antivirus program to sandbox it... cause it keeps on accessing the web... **** you Microsoft....I paid for your OS... don;t force apps...