Windows 10: EDGE updates have changed my wife's computer.

Discus and support EDGE updates have changed my wife's computer. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The last two Edge updates have changed my wife's computer so she can no longer find anything. How do I reverse these updates? Search bar no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tomn482171, Aug 10, 2022.

1. EDGE updates have changed my wife's computer.

The last two Edge updates have changed my wife's computer so she can no longer find anything. How do I reverse these updates? Search bar no longer works. Windows button no longer works. Files have disappeared.

:)

tomn482171, Aug 10, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 10, 2022
  4. EDGE updates have changed my wife's computer.

Windows mail app opens for me but not my wife on the same computer?

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As Mail and Calendar app are not accessible for your wife account, I suggest you to log-in with the wife account and try the below steps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows
      key, type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

If the issue still persist then try the below,

Method 2:

You may uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows
      key, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and Calendar app.

• get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Mail and Calendar app from the Windows store.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

EDGE updates have changed my wife's computer.

1. EDGE updates have changed my wife's computer. - Similar Threads - EDGE updates changed

2. EDGE updates have changed my wife's computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EDGE updates have changed my wife's computer.: The last two Edge updates have changed my wife's computer so she can no longer find anything. How do I reverse these updates? Search bar no longer works. Windows button no longer works. Files have disappeared....
  3. EDGE updates have changed my wife's computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EDGE updates have changed my wife's computer.: The last two Edge updates have changed my wife's computer so she can no longer find anything. How do I reverse these updates? Search bar no longer works. Windows button no longer works. Files have disappeared....
  4. Wife's Computer Folders and Documents have Red X's?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wife's Computer Folders and Documents have Red X's?: TL;DR: Can I get rid of those files and folders with the red x's, will that essentially remove any links to my wife's files and folders somewhere in the cloud if that's where they're at? ___________________________________________ So, I left Windows towards the end of...
  5. Wife's login changed my computer theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wife's login changed my computer theme: I logged out of my profile and logged in to my wife's profile for a game using the Microsoft Store login. When I did this though, it completely changed my computer's theme wallpaper, color scheme, scroll direction preferences, etc.. I logged out of hers and back into my...
  6. How to Change My User Information on my Wife's Computer Without Affecting My Computer

How to Change My User Information on my Wife's Computer Without Affecting My Computer: My wife’s computer’s hard drive was wiped clean while servicing Geek Squad but Microsoft Office was NOT reinstalled. Her User Name was npepsilight.com and her email addresses are*** Email address is removed for privacy *** and*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I...
  7. Change Microsoft account on my wife's laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Microsoft account on my wife's laptop.: My wife started a new job and received a brand new laptop from her employer. When setting up the laptop she used the Microsoft account information we already use on our personal computer. Can we remove our personal Microsoft account from the laptop and use a new account?...
  8. My computer controls my wife's screensaver

My computer controls my wife's screensaver: I changed my screensaver, and soon after the screensaver on my wife's computer changed as well. Any ideas as to why? It didn't used to do that! Hers is a Dell running Window's 10, while mine was custom built by a local shop, also running Window's 10. Thoughts? Thanks!...
  9. Add my wife to use this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Add my wife to use this computer.: I accidentally entered my wife's email as administrator when I was trying to add her to use this computer. How can I change it back to myself and grant her access to this computer?...
  10. This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.

This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.: When I setup a screensaver slideshow on my Win 10 computer it also sets itself up on my wife's Win 10 machine. How do I stop this? Is this something to do with a network setting that I don't want or need? Thanks 39486