Windows 10: Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

Discus and support Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a relatively new system and I have been trying to find a solution for an annoyance with MS Edge. When browsing, such as in Facebook, and, say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MarkSanders1958, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

This is a relatively new system and I have been trying to find a solution for an annoyance with MS Edge.

When browsing, such as in Facebook, and, say for example "Like" is selected, the view in Edge jumps or pages down. So to return to the same point in the newsfeed, one must scroll back up. This is consistent, but does not occur when you click on "Comment or Share". I have noticed but can't articulate other instances while browsing on other sites where the same thing has occurred so it's not Facebook specific and must be related to the browser or some setting.

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

:)

MarkSanders1958, Mar 24, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Edge jump lists

Thanks but I was referring to the jump lists that appear on the taskbar icons when you right click, not the top sites when you open a new tab. IE and Chrome have the jump lists, but Edge doesn't. Will it ever?

Don Quixote2, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

1. Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made - Similar Threads - Edge View Jumps

2. Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY: Just now things have changed when doing a Move or Copy from the tool bar. Whereas before there was just a small "select location" in the toolbar, I now get this huge drop-down menu with "select location" at the bottom. I don't know how or why this suddenly changed but I'd...
  3. Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY: Just now things have changed when doing a Move or Copy from the tool bar. Whereas before there was just a small "select location" in the toolbar, I now get this huge drop-down menu with "select location" at the bottom. I don't know how or why this suddenly changed but I'd...
  4. Favorites crashes Edge Browser when selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites crashes Edge Browser when selected: Recently, Favorites crashes Edge Browser every time when selected from the Upper Right corner ... Asks to restoreI pinned my favorites to a toolbar and it is working as expected.Unable to correct.Have rebooted, cleared history, have newest win 10 version 21h1Any additional...
  5. view and remove selected cookies from edge- search is not very helpful on this.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    view and remove selected cookies from edge- search is not very helpful on this.: I want to find edge cookies, and remove the ones I don't want. Also, can I auto-block certain cookies? Edgedev is not very useful for this....
  6. I made the jump!

in Windows 10 Support
    I made the jump!: Hello all! Well I finally made the jump from Windows 7 to 10 and a painless experience it was too. *Smile I'm wondering - Are there any settings I should turn on/off in the way of privacy that I keep hearing much about? Or any other that I should be aware of, that will keep...
  7. Select Bar jumps to the top of everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Select Bar jumps to the top of everything: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series, where I have encountered a seriously annoying problem. Whenever I try to select something mainly in File Explorer, but happens anywhere there is a choice, it even happens in the Start Menu, the "select" bar the blue bar "jumps" to the...
  8. Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

in Browsers and Email
    Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made: This is a relatively new system and I have been trying to find a solution for an annoyance with MS Edge. When browsing, such as in Facebook, and, say for example "Like" is selected, the view in Edge jumps or pages down. So to return to the same point in the newsfeed, one...
  9. Edge Jumping to Startup Page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Jumping to Startup Page: Occasionally I minimize Edge browser and when I maximize it, it jumps from the web page I was on when minimized to Edge start up page. I have Bing designated as start up when Edge opened. Any thoughts? 115735
  10. Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update.: After the latest update. When I try to drag select files in a folder that has scroll bar, as soon as I click Ctrl + cursor drag. My mouse jumps instantly to the down right corner of the screen, selecting everything in the folder. If you didn't understand what I mean and...