Windows 10: Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

Discus and support Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is a relatively new system and I have been trying to find a solution for an annoyance with MS Edge. When browsing, such as in Facebook, and, say... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MarkSanders1958, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

This is a relatively new system and I have been trying to find a solution for an annoyance with MS Edge.

When browsing, such as in Facebook, and, say for example "Like" is selected, the view in Edge jumps or pages down. So to return to the same point in the newsfeed, one must scroll back up. This is consistent, but does not occur when you click on "Comment or Share". I have noticed but can't articulate other instances while browsing on other sites where the same thing has occurred so it's not Facebook specific and must be related to the browser or some setting.

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

:)

MarkSanders1958, Mar 24, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Edge jump lists

Thanks but I was referring to the jump lists that appear on the taskbar icons when you right click, not the top sites when you open a new tab. IE and Chrome have the jump lists, but Edge doesn't. Will it ever?

Don Quixote2, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

1. Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made - Similar Threads - Edge View Jumps

2. Viewing CCTV on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing CCTV on Microsoft Edge: When I try to access my surveillance cameras on Microsoft Edge it requests I download the WebKit Plugin which doesn't download. I have tried changing settings on both Microsoft Edge and Chrome and still have the same problem. I also tried to use Internet Explorer in Windows...
  3. Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made: This is a relatively new system and I have been trying to find a solution for an annoyance with MS Edge. When browsing, such as in Facebook, and, say for example "Like" is selected, the view in Edge jumps or pages down. So to return to the same point in the newsfeed, one...
  4. Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge: Hi, Recently, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge when I open a pdf file, the situation is as follow. Can anyone explain and help me to solve this matter? Thanks in advance [ATTACH]...
  5. Edge Jumping to Startup Page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Jumping to Startup Page: Occasionally I minimize Edge browser and when I maximize it, it jumps from the web page I was on when minimized to Edge start up page. I have Bing designated as start up when Edge opened. Any thoughts? 115735
  6. Edge and Task View

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Task View: It seems that if you have Edge open on one desktop, and then try to open a separate instance on a separate task view desktop, then OS just pops you back to the Desktop where Edge is already running rather than opening up a new instance of Edge. I found a workaround to be...
  7. Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?: Hi. I have a problem with Edge recent jump list. It's not working correctly. See attachment. Is anybody else having this problem and does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks. 57212
  8. Windows edge reading view

in Browsers and Email
    Windows edge reading view: Can you set reading view as a default in windows edge? Don 8941
  9. Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update.: After the latest update. When I try to drag select files in a folder that has scroll bar, as soon as I click Ctrl + cursor drag. My mouse jumps instantly to the down right corner of the screen, selecting everything in the folder. If you didn't understand what I mean and...
  10. Made By You - Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Made By You - Microsoft Edge: Greetings Insiders! The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is packed with new features and improvements to Microsoft Edge. As we followed Windows Insider feedback on these updates, it was so great to see so many Windows Insiders as passionate as we are about the browser...