Windows 10: EDGE vrs FF speed test

Discus and support EDGE vrs FF speed test in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Unscientific test showing differences between Edge & FF from the same computer. It is very repeatable and shows some differences that may or may not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by meebers, Oct 30, 2017.

1. meebers Win User

EDGE vrs FF speed test

Unscientific test showing differences between Edge & FF from the same computer. It is very repeatable and shows some differences that may or may not mean anything. FF is faster on this test both up & down, but some interesting things so see. The test shows nice linear up slope and down slope on FF while Edge has a irregularity about half way up the leading slope noted by red circles on the download test. On the upload test, FF gets to maximum speed quite fast, while Edge ramps up on the speed. Edge is top graph, FF bottom graph.

:)

meebers, Oct 30, 2017

2. download speed different browers!

Why do I get 71mbs download speed in Firefox but only 1.87mbs in Microsoft Edge? Test run with Xfinity speed test.

randygobell, Oct 30, 2017
  3. firefox speed in windows 10

brand new hp desk top so i didnt like Edge and installed Firefox instead.Problem is that speed tests on Ookla and Speed checker are showing over 50mb/s download speed every time yet bt wholesale test shows only 9 mb/s.If i run all 3 tests in Edge i get
    over 50mb/s in all 3 tests,so is firefox my problem.im a bt infinity 1 customer

davepikeRQ, Oct 30, 2017
Thema:

EDGE vrs FF speed test

1. EDGE vrs FF speed test - Similar Threads - EDGE vrs speed

2. Speed Test confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed Test confusion: Hello, I run Windows 10 Pro 1909. Recently I upgraded to Fibre and ran some speed-tests to confirm all was well; this is where the confusion came in. Using the identical speed-test I found a difference of 10Mg between results depending on which Browser I accessed the...
  3. Speed Test confusion

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speed Test confusion: Hello, I run Windows 10 Pro 1909. Recently I upgraded to Fibre and ran some speed-tests to confirm all was well; this is where the confusion came in. Using the identical speed-test I found a difference of 10Mg between results depending on which Browser I accessed the...
  4. Network speed test

Network speed test: Network speed test - service to perform network speed test not available error -try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-speed-test/e20a44e6-96e4-4ee8-8a3d-258ecfbbeebd
  5. Easy Speed Test

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Easy Speed Test: I have restored this to a previous day from where it began on my computer. It is not displayed in the programs. How do I get rid of it. It pops up upon start up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/easy-speed-test/da2588ef-d17b-4b3a-bf2a-a1b48b924251"
  6. Detecting computer's location in Edge and FF...

in Browsers and Email
    Detecting computer's location in Edge and FF...: Some oddities between Edge and Firefox on Windows 10, just curious why... Edge and Firefox 39 on Windows 10, with physical locations disabled in OS and browsers. In both browser, DDG is my default search engine. After typing in "weather" at duckduckgo.com, Edge shows...
  7. FF/EDGE & Irma

in Browsers and Email
    FF/EDGE & Irma: As I sit here watching this thing coming at me, just doing a comparison of FF (left) and Edge on a program called wundermap. Track is not shown on EDGE, (right) speed is 1x only while FF is adjustable, 10x selected. Satellite view shows on FF, non existent on EDGE. *Zip I...
  8. Security DVR no connect with Edge/FF

in Browsers and Email
    Security DVR no connect with Edge/FF: This has worked without any issues until about 1-2 weeks ago. W10AU.969, FF 52.0.2. This is on my home network with a 192... address. I tried Internet Explorer and it connects without issue. Is there a setting issue that I am overlooking. *Sad OR? 80443
  9. Speed test recommendations?

Speed test recommendations?: I've been using Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test but I just got through with an exhaustive two separate night support case with AT&T Fiber Optic where it was shown to be incredibly inaccurate. Is there a better more accurate speed test out...
  10. Win speed test different from Speed test.

Win speed test different from Speed test.: My laptop, a Dell Studio 1535 running WIN 10, is ethernet connected to my Century Link 1000A modem/router, When I run the speed test, on the laptop, provided by windows it displays 5.?? mbit upload and a 5.?? download. When I run SpeedTest I get a 5.?? upload and a 47 mbit...