Windows 10: Edge vs Chrome

Discus and support Edge vs Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been using Google Chrome for a long time.... When I first got on windows 10, Edge seemed not so great and I like Internet Explorer better but I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Craig, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Craig Win User

Edge vs Chrome

I've been using Google Chrome for a long time....

When I first got on windows 10, Edge seemed not so great and I like Internet Explorer better but I knew it wasn't going to be maintained much longer as Edge is now the official windows browser...Although it still seems to lack some of the extra features that Chrome has, since installing Fall Creators Edition, I have been using it for a while and was amazed at how fast it appears to be...like web pages just fly in even when they have a lot of graphics on them...

With Chrome, I've noticed in recent times, it seems more sluggish now...and especially if a page has a lot of "stuff" and graphics on it, seems kind of slow to get it all loaded in...

I was considering making Edge my main browser now but was curious as to what others here think...Is (at this point) Edge good enough to be your everyday browser?

Looking forward to your feedback...any comments, comparisons, you preference, etc...

:)

Craig, Oct 23, 2017
  2. J W Stuart, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Chrome is my default browser but Win10 always open Edge for web searches

Is it possible to make Chrome be open when I make a search using the windows menu?

Please do not confuse this with Google vs Bing. I don't mind using Bing for searches, but I would like to use Chrome instead of Edge.

DouglasRAC, Oct 23, 2017
  4. jrolson Win User

Edge vs Chrome

I would say if you don't use add-ons then Edge would be just fine. There's only a handful available for Edge...

jrolson, Oct 23, 2017
  5. Craig Win User
    I don't use any chrome extensions at all....I'd say, the only thing that would be nicer is if on Edge you could do the "zoom" in 10% increments instead of 25% increments....Edge doesn't have as many tweaks available in "settings" but not a major issue for me...I guess also, that will likely improve over time...

I am rather impressed with Edge's speed and it does seem a lot better than when it first arrived in windows...

Craig, Oct 23, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    It's 5% Zoom increments if you use CTRL+Scroll Wheel in Edge or IE 11.
    You have a choice.

Helmut, Oct 23, 2017
  7. Craig Win User
    That method actually works very well... thanks for calling it to my attention...

I just realized now that in edge, whether you use the fixed (25% increments) or this alternative method (to get 5% increments) it changes ALL webpages to the zoomed amount...In chrome, zoom only changes the website you are on, which is what I wanted to do...selective zoom set for a particular site...guess you can't do that on Edge...

Craig, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge vs Chrome

1. Edge vs Chrome - Similar Threads - Edge Chrome

2. MS Edge and Chrome does not run on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge and Chrome does not run on windows 11: Hi I have "Windows 11 Home Single Language 23H2 22631.3447 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0"I can not run chrome or edge.When i run chrome in task manager i can see chrome crashhandler running. It never open.WHen i run edge in task manager i can see it goes...
  3. MS Edge and Chrome does not run on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge and Chrome does not run on windows 11: Hi I have "Windows 11 Home Single Language 23H2 22631.3447 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0"I can not run chrome or edge.When i run chrome in task manager i can see chrome crashhandler running. It never open.WHen i run edge in task manager i can see it goes...
  4. Is Windows 11 freezing my chrome on purpose so that I use Edge instead...? I think so.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 11 freezing my chrome on purpose so that I use Edge instead...? I think so.: I truly believe that Microsoft is doing what Apple is doing. My Chrome freezes every day on my Windows 11. But when I use Edge, it doesn't freeze. Hmmmmmmm...Shady...!...
  5. Is Windows 11 freezing my chrome on purpose so that I use Edge instead...? I think so.

Is Windows 11 freezing my chrome on purpose so that I use Edge instead...? I think so.: I truly believe that Microsoft is doing what Apple is doing. My Chrome freezes every day on my Windows 11. But when I use Edge, it doesn't freeze. Hmmmmmmm...Shady...!...
  6. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  7. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  8. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  9. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  10. Which browser is better? Chrome or Edge?

Which browser is better? Chrome or Edge?: Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.