Windows 10: Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

Discus and support Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rikus Lategan, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly still not very thought out because if I open Copilot in a browser window and activate 'read aloud' and click on the read aloud icon at the bottom of a Copilot response/answer -- TWO VOICE TRY TO SPEAK THE SAME TEXT TO ME! Lol. I just want to know who the South African lady is so that I can set my other devices to use t

:)

Rikus Lategan, Apr 13, 2024
  2. tbvnz Win User

Text read aloud

My suggestion deals with having text read aloud. I love this feature but the way in which I'm asked if the text should be read aloud sometimes appears to be rude while in the presence of colleagues or relatives. I do not want them to think I'm rudely ignoring
    someone when actually I just want the text contents to be private and not read aloud. The phone should simply ask if I want the text to be read aloud and I respond with a simple yes or no. Not "ignore". This gives the impression that I deem the senders text
    "unimportant".

tbvnz, Apr 13, 2024
  3. Fyka Win User
    mango update but phone won't read text out aloud?

Hi,

I've updated to mango but my phone won't read texts out aloud. I have an Ominia 7

I went to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/use-speech-on-my-phone.aspx

"To have your phone announce and read incoming text messages, tap Settings >
    Speech, and then turn on Play audio confirmations. Tap
    Read aloud incoming text messages, and then choose when you want to hear the announcements—all the time, or only when using a Bluetooth and/or a wired headset."

I've set it to always but no luck

Also

"To turn on Speech for accessibility, tap Settings > Ease of access, and then turn on
    Speech for phone accessibility. This enables the following:

• Talking caller ID for phone calls. When you get a call, your phone will announce the name or number of the caller."
    The ease of access option is missing?

4. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

Windows 10 Text-to-speech doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

How are you trying to use text-to-speech on your computer?

If Cortana is not working on your computer, then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    and see if you are able to use Cortana.

You can use Narrator to
    Hear text read aloud
    , so that Narrator reads text on your PC screen aloud.

Also, you cannot use Cortana for text-to-speech because Cortana doesn’t have the functionality of text-to-speech.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

1. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing - Similar Threads - Edge Copilot Read

2. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  3. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  4. microsoft edge ,read aloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge ,read aloud: hi I want to know is there a way to turn my microsoft edge read aloud voice TTS to windows narrator voice?the microsoft edge read aloud voices are very good I know some of them are online but maybe there is a way I Have Visually impaired this is very important for me thanks...
  5. microsoft edge ,read aloud

microsoft edge ,read aloud: hi I want to know is there a way to turn my microsoft edge read aloud voice TTS to windows narrator voice?the microsoft edge read aloud voices are very good I know some of them are online but maybe there is a way I Have Visually impaired this is very important for me thanks...
  6. edge vs chrome

edge vs chrome: I have used edge a few times and it is much faster than chrome. Why is this? Because Edge belongs to MS? I"m puzzled about this. I have cleared cache, history etc but my chrome is like a snail.I don't see why this would be other than that Edge would have no data in it to...
  7. Cortana vs. Speech Recognition

in Cortana
    Cortana vs. Speech Recognition: Aren't - Cortana- Speech Recognition"Overlapped"?Both are WSR execute commands defined in Windows environment.- What are the differences between the two- Does each one has its own SRA speech recognition algorithmsMy suspicion is that Cortana brought-in to match other products...
  8. Read aloud feature in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read aloud feature in Edge: After the app update, the feature Read-Aloud for pdf files disappeared. I cannot roll back to the previous app version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-aloud-feature-in-edge/e64da3a9-7ff3-45c3-9365-daf76388ded3
  9. Read aloud feature in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read aloud feature in Edge: I like and often use the feature Read aloud in Edge but since recently I haven’t heard any sound. My speakers are fine because they work in different apps without any issue. I’ve noticed the same problem with the audio word pronunciation within Microsoft Word Smart Look-up....
  10. Read aloud Selected Text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read aloud Selected Text: On MAC, I am used to selecting a piece of text and pressing a combination of buttons to read it aloud. It is very convenient and helps me with reading and learning faster because reading and listening at the same time improve learning efficiency. On Windows 10, It is...