Windows 10: Edge web address bar missing, StartPageAddressBarPinned & New dont fix

Discus and support Edge web address bar missing, StartPageAddressBarPinned & New dont fix in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 Home, 10.0.10586, Edge 25.10586.0.0 I want a permanent address bar on Edge - it drives me crackers when I have to click at the top... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by abtmuppet, Apr 24, 2020.

1. abtmuppet Win User

Edge web address bar missing, StartPageAddressBarPinned & New dont fix

Hello,

Windows 10 Home, 10.0.10586, Edge 25.10586.0.0

I want a permanent address bar on Edge - it drives me crackers when I have to click at the top to get it.

I did a clean install a year ago and did this:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\ServiceUI]
    "StartPageAddressBarPinned"=dword:00000001
    "NewTabPageAddressBarPinned"=dword:00000001

It worked a treat and I didn't have 'Where to next?' but a nice address bar.
    Yesterday I did a clean install and tried that trick, but it didn't work. I even downloaded two different scripts from the internet to do it, rebooted, tried the other, rebooted, did it manually 5 times (with reboots) but still no address bar.

I don't want to have to reinstall windows again in the hope it will work, only to find it still doesn't work.

Please help as I really have tried as much as I can.

Thanks, Ash

:)

abtmuppet, Apr 24, 2020
  2. abtmuppet Win User

Hello,

Windows 10 Home, 10.0.10586, Edge 25.10586.0.0

I want a permanent address bar on Edge - it drives me crackers when I have to click at the top to get it.

I did a clean install a year ago and did this:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\ServiceUI]
    "StartPageAddressBarPinned"=dword:00000001
    "NewTabPageAddressBarPinned"=dword:00000001

It worked a treat and I didn't have 'Where to next?' but a nice address bar.
    Yesterday I did a clean install and tried that trick, but it didn't work. I even downloaded two different scripts from the internet to do it, rebooted, tried the other, rebooted, did it manually 5 times (with reboots) but still no address bar.

I don't want to have to reinstall windows again in the hope it will work, only to find it still doesn't work.

Please help as I really have tried as much as I can.

Thanks, Ash

abtmuppet, May 23, 2020
  3. abtmuppet Win User

Hi Ken,

Many thanks for that. I now have a version of Edge that has the address bar.

Edge: 81.0.416.64

For other users:

I did think it had not fixed the problem, I ran Edge from the start bar and got the same problems. However, when I ran the shortcut from the desktop it showed the new Edge with the address bar.

Looks like I now have two versions of Edge (argh!) which I now need to uninstall the old version. Maybe you should try uninstalling Edge and, using internet explorer, get the latest version of Edge.

Ash

abtmuppet, May 23, 2020
  4. Edge web address bar missing, StartPageAddressBarPinned & New dont fix

Hi Ash. Welcome to the TenForums @abtmuppet.

Are you using the new Edge, from your version number it appears to be the older one.

New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available

This is not a beta product anymore so safe to use.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Edge web address bar missing, StartPageAddressBarPinned & New dont fix - Similar Threads - Edge web address

2. File Explorer Address Bar Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Address Bar Missing: I just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the address bar is missing whenever I try to upload a file, I've tried to look in the options and found nothing that could change it. The File Explorer address missing...
  3. File Explorer Address Bar Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Address Bar Missing: I just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the address bar is missing whenever I try to upload a file, I've tried to look in the options and found nothing that could change it. The File Explorer address missing...
  4. New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing: I had a favorites bar on my old Microsoft Edge and I pinned it to the right side of the screen. However, after update it is missing. I found it now on the left side and cannot pin or change location. How to change it?...
  5. Problem with Edge address bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  6. Green EV indicator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's

in Browsers and Email
    Green EV indicator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's: All, I have an interesting observation, I have searched this high and low and can find threads with the "same issue" with wide ranging dates. The issue on two out of three PC's in our home fleet In IE11 and Edge "green" indicator id not present for the same web site with...
  7. Green EV indecator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's

in Browsers and Email
    Green EV indecator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's: All, I have an interesting observation, I have searched this high and low and can find threads with the "same issue" with wide ranging dates. The issue on two out of three PC's in our home fleet In IE11 and Edge "green" indicator id not present for the same web site with...
  8. Web Addresses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Addresses: Please advise how to prevent previously used web addresses being stored and listed and suggested each time a new search is entered RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-addresses/a934f8cf-eecf-4d35-b55b-07055307bab2"
  9. Edge Address bar search banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Address bar search banner: I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete...
  10. missing address bar in Firefox 50

in Browsers and Email
    missing address bar in Firefox 50: I realize this may not be the most obvious place to be asking this question, but I've already spent more than enough time in the Mozilla help files without finding an answer, so... Can anyone tell me how to restore the address bar in Firefox? I've even gone so far as...