Windows 10: EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords

Discus and support EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Over the last couple of days EDGE will not save user names or passwords, the prompt comes up to say do you want to save, but then it forgets them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeoffGilham, Sep 26, 2020.

1. EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords

Over the last couple of days EDGE will not save user names or passwords, the prompt comes up to say do you want to save, but then it forgets them. Doing my head in

:)

GeoffGilham, Sep 26, 2020

2. Edge won't remember Gmail passwords

Hi Ujjal,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question:

• Did you check the option “Remember the password” option at the sign in page?

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue.

To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Edge browser and click on the More actions icon i.e.“” located on the top right corner of the window.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    • Close the browser and login to Gmail account and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 26, 2020
  3. LCField Win User
    Microsoft Edge - Add a specific website to the remember password list

Cleared the complete Browsing history in Microsoft Edge and checked every possible choices including PASSWORDS. Closed Edge, rebooted the computer and tried again to see if Edge would prompt to remember user name and password for the website i'm having a
    problem with. Edge once again did NOT ask to remember the user name and password. I then tried other sites in my favorites and was prompted to save the info.

Why would the one site I'm wanting Edge to remember not prompting? The site I'm trying to have remember is my NEXIA Home automation website that I frequently access. Up until about a month ago the password and user name were stored. What has changed?

LCField, Sep 26, 2020
  4. EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords

Mircosoft edge not saving passwords

Hi,

If you are willing to save password on Edge then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default,
    but here's how to turn it on or off:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, select More actions (...)
      > Settings > View Advanced Settings.

• Turn Offer to save passwords to On.
    For ore clarification you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Remember passwords in Microsoft Edge

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords

1. EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords - Similar Threads - EDGE why has

2. My pc will not remember my user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not remember my user name: I am going to my personal accounts and it will not remember me when I say keep saying remember my user name. It keep saying on some account does not recognize this computer and this all started on May 15 2022.* Moved from MSN...
  3. My pc will not remember my user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc will not remember my user name: I am going to my personal accounts and it will not remember me when I say keep saying remember my user name. It keep saying on some account does not recognize this computer and this all started on May 15 2022.* Moved from MSN...
  4. passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  5. Can't remember Administrator name and Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remember Administrator name and Password: I can not remember both my Administrator username and my password. This is SO FRUSTRATING because every time i want to do something, i.e. install McAfee, which I paid for almost a year ago, it wants permission from the Administrator WHICH IS ME. I purchased MY COMPUTER and...
  6. Edge has stopped remembering previous download location

in Browsers and Email
    Edge has stopped remembering previous download location: Hi I have noticed since recent updates that Edge will no longer remember the recent download location after one has navigated away from the default Downloads folder and one wishes to add more files to the chosen folder. Edge now continues to default to the Download folder....
  7. Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords: But Chrome and Apple are excellent. So Microsoft builds this fancy Edge browser. I understand it will save passwords which it fails miserably. I very seldom get any offer to save a password. If it offers to save one for a financial institution it won't work. I can't imagine...
  8. User names and Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...
  9. Edge will not remember passwords!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not remember passwords!: Passwords do not work on bing. When I try to log in, it has my email stored, but then the password never autofills like Chrome does. Chrome is flawless in this regard, never had an issue. I don't get what is so hard about filling in a password. I can't be typing in complex...
  10. Edge won't remember Gmail password

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't remember Gmail password: I can't get Edge browser to remember my Gmail password. Remember passwords is on and it remembered all of my other IDs and passwords......stumped.*Mad 20715