Windows 10: Edge Widget vs News & Interests

Discus and support Edge Widget vs News & Interests in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here is a look at BOTH Edge Widget & News & Interests. N&I attached to taskbar. Widget can be anywhere & size-variable; can also be horizontal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drew1903, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Edge Widget vs News & Interests

[COLOR=rgba217, 217, 217, 1]Here is a look at BOTH Edge Widget & News & Interests. N&I attached to taskbar. Widget can be anywhere & size-variable; can also be horizontal.
    [/COLOR]
    Edge Widget vs News & Interests 62a46ab6-1a54-47e5-9ffa-ce6fb918835c?upload=true.jpg

Edge Widget vs News & Interests 26a8e19f-8c84-4880-a5f8-b35164033074?upload=true.jpg [COLOR=rgba217, 217, 217, 1]

Cheers,
    Drew[/COLOR] Edge Widget vs News & Interests 7be90c4c-7ad8-4d6a-a54a-105b3f5b75e3?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Apr 10, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 10, 2021
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Edge Widget vs News & Interests

Edge start screen

Hi Hobo,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Edge browser, select
      More
      (…) (At top right corner) from the address bar, choose
      Settings.

• Select Top sites and suggested content from the Open new tabs with drop down menu.

• Restart the EDGE browser and check if you are able to open new tabs with the suggested sites.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Edge Widget vs News & Interests

1. Edge Widget vs News & Interests - Similar Threads - Edge Widget News

2. News and Interests not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests not loading: News and Interests not loading after forcing to add it by cmd -_-can someone help before i destroy another keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-not-loading/795362fb-21c4-4773-90b1-aa4b39d4d83f
  3. News and Interests arrived from nowhere

in Windows 10 Support
    News and Interests arrived from nowhere: So, fellas, it just appeared after regular restart. I am not impressed - it shows everything what Microsoft News does and the good news is that can be turned off from the notification area 178530
  4. How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge: A couple of days back, Microsoft announced that it will be rolling out its new feature, News and Interests for Windows 10. Although the announcement of the feature was made in January earlier this year, it is only now that people would be able to get their hands on it....
  5. News and Interest icon is blur

News and Interest icon is blur: Hi community,I discovered a problem with news and interests ,the problem is the icon is blur and i dont think it shld be like that . Can anyone help me with this . you can get to know the detail in the screenshot below.Regards ,Manas...
  6. News & Interests, NOW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    News & Interests, NOW: If you like, you don't have to wait to have this until sometime in May when you will, anyway... This, now available April 28, 21, as an Optional Update in WU puts News & Interests on the taskbar, now. It, also, has these 2 things KB501391Updates an issue to prevent blank...
  7. News and interests keep loading

News and interests keep loading: I recently updated my Windows 10 from insider dev program to Windows 10 Insider Preview 21313.1000 rs_prerelease and got new News and section toolbar on taskbar. Although feature is available but whenever I hover my cursor over it or click iteven double click it keeps on...
  8. News & Interest default browser issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Interest default browser issue: When Clicking a card, say a traffic or weather card, in News & Interests the app? opens Edge However, my default browser is Vivaldi! Why is this happening? Can I change this behaviour so that Vivaldi is used under all circumstances? 172271
  9. News & Interests only one column

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Interests only one column: My 'News & Interests' flyout is only one column whereas I believe it should be two, see screenshot [img] Any ideas? 172270
  10. Interesting news for VMs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Interesting news for VMs: Got this in an E-Mail a few minutes ago: The Dell EMC deal: 5 things customers should know | ZDNet 26231