Windows 10: Edge will not auto-rotate pages of a PDF

Discus and support Edge will not auto-rotate pages of a PDF in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a PDF file and it has a mixture of portrait and landscape pages. When I print from Edge, it will compress the landscape content to print on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stargait2000, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Edge will not auto-rotate pages of a PDF

I have a PDF file and it has a mixture of portrait and landscape pages. When I print from Edge, it will compress the landscape content to print on a portrait page rather than automatically rotate the page for the content.

Both Chrome and IE will do this automatically.

Is there a way to do that in Edge?

:)

Stargait2000, Nov 19, 2019

2. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Nov 19, 2019
  3. PDF Rotation Missing In Edge

I really like using edge for .pdf files! Is very quick to load and provides almost all the features that I normally use.

There is one feature missing! That feature is Rotate!
    At least I am unable to fine it, as of yet.

I do a lot of work with .pdf files and always have Landscape formated files along with the standard Portrait pages in all of my multiple page .pdf files.

Can post an example file if that would help.

Would really be great if the powers that be could make that addition to edge.
    Thanks,
    George Race
    Race Consulting

GeorgeRace, Nov 19, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Edge will not auto-rotate pages of a PDF

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Edge will not auto-rotate pages of a PDF [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Edge will not auto-rotate pages of a PDF

1. Edge will not auto-rotate pages of a PDF - Similar Threads - Edge auto rotate

2. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?: This problem only started a day or so now, but when using google chrome, and printing a Spreadsheet to PDF, when i press print, my previews and everything in chrome is showing the correct landscape orientation. When I actually save the file and then open it, the pages are...
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?: This problem only started a day or so now, but when using google chrome, and printing a Spreadsheet to PDF, when i press print, my previews and everything in chrome is showing the correct landscape orientation. When I actually save the file and then open it, the pages are...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. auto rotation

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto rotation: auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0
  6. Auto Rotate

Auto Rotate: How do I get Auto Rotate to stay on when I go between PC and Tablet. I like to use it in Tablet Mode. Are how do I get it to turn on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotate/e8c8596d-cfba-41f3-8186-7111c8284ab7
  7. auto rotate

auto rotate: Why is there no allow auto rotate option since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotate/52cf6afa-33d4-4455-8d47-1a2f6cb56a0f
  8. auto-rotating

auto-rotating: How can I make my windows tablet auto rotate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotating/ee898242-2b27-45e9-b96e-d3578554f0cd
  9. Auto rotation

Auto rotation: How do I turn off auto rotation it is grayed out on my windows 10 HP laptop after the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotation/190acc45-cb33-4bd6-b924-a814b18fe08d
  10. PDF Rotation Missing In Edge

in Browsers and Email
    PDF Rotation Missing In Edge: I really like using edge for .pdf files! Is very quick to load and provides almost all the features that I normally use. There is one feature missing! That feature is Rotate! At least I am unable to fine it, as of yet. I do a lot of work with .pdf files and always...