Windows 10: Edge will not save files in a folder

Discus and support Edge will not save files in a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I want to save a web site in a new folder, I click on the star and when I click on save in new folder, it creates a new folder but does not open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinDawson1, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Edge will not save files in a folder

When I want to save a web site in a new folder, I click on the star and when I click on save in new folder, it creates a new folder but does not open up the folder to place the web site in the folder. I have about 10 folders called new folder. We should be able to click on create a new folder and the folder opens up do we can save our web sites to the folder. I have had to move to chrome browser because of this issue. Need help>

:)

KevinDawson1, Dec 2, 2018

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Edge will not save files in a folder

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

im trying to save a file to a folder located in program folder. but it says i do not have permision..... contact admin...... but i am the amdin of this computer! and it is the only account in this comp!

plzz help quick!!!!

nevermind.... got it.

HiddenStupid, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Edge will not save files in a folder

1. Edge will not save files in a folder - Similar Threads - Edge save files

2. No namesuggestions when saving file from Edge to folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No namesuggestions when saving file from Edge to folder.: The namesuggestions based on files already in a folder has stopped when saving an image to a folder using Edge. It happened after I updated to Windows 11 version 22H2.And in registry there is no "Autocomplete" under Explore as suggested on the net....
  3. No namesuggestions when saving file from Edge to folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No namesuggestions when saving file from Edge to folder.: The namesuggestions based on files already in a folder has stopped when saving an image to a folder using Edge. It happened after I updated to Windows 11 version 22H2.And in registry there is no "Autocomplete" under Explore as suggested on the net....
  4. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  5. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  6. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file opened in Edge: Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface. Now the "Save" functionality is greyed out i.e. saving is not possible so you have to print to PDF which takes longer. Any idea...
  8. Microsoft Edge file not saved?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge file not saved?: Hello, everyone, I downloaded the new version of Microsoft Edge today and I don't really know my way around yet. My question: Before you could simply open files (in my case Word - file) without having to save them first. How does this work here, because only the window:...
  9. Saving files to redirected folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving files to redirected folders: Good Morning; This relates to Windows 10. I've changed the location field in the properties dialog box from C:\Users\UserName\Documents (on ssd) to a new folder D:\Documents (on hdd). I feel a little silly to ask this but, which pathname do I use for saving documents? The one...
  10. Save MP3 files using edge

in Browsers and Email
    Save MP3 files using edge: Hi, When I right click on a mp3 file in Edge I don't get the save as option to save the file. If I change to IE 11 it works. Dave 27306

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where does edge save files