Windows 10: Edge will not show favorites

Discus and support Edge will not show favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge will not show IE imported favorites in the favorites bar ,I tried using Brinks remove all favourites from Edge and started over by importing from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by caperjack, Oct 29, 2016.

1. caperjack Win User

Edge will not show favorites

Edge will not show IE imported favorites in the favorites bar ,I tried using Brinks remove all favourites from Edge and started over by importing from IE ,still nothing ,it just show the message to import favorites , thanks for reading this

:)

caperjack, Oct 29, 2016
  2. Mike16235 Win User

Importing favorites from Internet Explorer to Edge misses many of them

Imported my IE favorites into Edge, and Edge reported that it was successful.

But now there appear to be two problems:

1. I compare the Edge Favorites folder (...\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites) with the Internet Explorer Favorites folder, and find that 5 out of 89 folders are missing in Edge, and 34 of 65 Internet
    Shortcuts that were not in folders. If I open some of the folders in the Edge Favorites folder, I find that many of them are missing sub-folders and some of the Internet Shortcuts.

2. When I click the Favorites icon in Edge, only about half of the favorites and favorite folders that made it into the Edge Favorites folder show up (yes, I scrolled down). I have the favorites sorted by name, and it only gets down to "H" for the favorites
    and "K" for the folders.

What is the fix?

Mike16235, Oct 29, 2016
  3. JohnT3864 Win User
    Favorites folder connection lost

Yesterday Edge was linked to my favorites folder and I could use them. After a session with Remote assist edge no longer displays my favorites. Checking my c/users/xxxx shows that I still have a favorite folder. how can I reconnect Edge to this folder?

JohnT3864, Oct 29, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Unfortunately, you have to drag them from the imported folder to the Favorites Bar manually.

Edwin, Oct 29, 2016
  5. caperjack Win User
    thank you ,there are hundreds ,so if it has to be one by one that won't be happening

caperjack, Oct 29, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Probably a dumb question, but....
    Do you have Favorites set like this:

Edge will not show favorites [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 29, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    You could drag the whole folder to the Bar and use it as a 'flyout'.

Edwin, Oct 29, 2016
  8. caperjack Win User

yes that is how I have it ,, I just created a new folder on the bar, and now the message to import its gone , I will try dragging the original favorites folder to the bar folder,, thank you

caperjack, Oct 29, 2016
  9. caperjack Win User
    ok, thank you both for the tips ,I just drug the folder to the bar and that works ,so it will do just have to open the folder ,{that no big deal },, thanks again.

edit and I just figured out how to drag single sites from favorites folder to the favorites bar, good to go ,thanks again

caperjack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge will not show favorites - Similar Threads - Edge show favorites

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  7. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  8. favorites edge

in Browsers and Email
    favorites edge: Hi Normaly when i do a reinstall of windows i've got my favorits of edage automaticly back But nu not why ? 97290
  9. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I too would like to access my W10 Edge Favorites list to edit them. But I find it incredible that no-one (including Microsoft) appears to know where they. I did come across one reply in the Windows 10 forum that listed them but not in the folders in the drop-down list in Edge...
  10. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963