Windows 10: Edge Will not Start

Discus and support Edge Will not Start in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is anyone else getting this? [img] 146778 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Josey Wales, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Edge Will not Start

Is anyone else getting this?

Edge Will not Start [​IMG]

:)

Josey Wales, Dec 19, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 19, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Edge Will not Start

Edge start screen

Hi Hobo,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Edge browser, select
      More
      (…) (At top right corner) from the address bar, choose
      Settings.

• Select Top sites and suggested content from the Open new tabs with drop down menu.

• Restart the EDGE browser and check if you are able to open new tabs with the suggested sites.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Edge Will not Start

1. Edge Will not Start - Similar Threads - Edge Start

2. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  3. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  4. As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...: It is very strangeAs soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100% busy for 10-20 seconds !!!This problem is very annoyingI searched a lot on Google, but I did not see such a post for the Microsoft Edge browser I saw for Opera and...
  5. As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...

As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...: It is very strangeAs soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100% busy for 10-20 seconds !!!This problem is very annoyingI searched a lot on Google, but I did not see such a post for the Microsoft Edge browser I saw for Opera and...
  6. Defender Application Guard from Edge just started ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Application Guard from Edge just started ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.: I can access by local router with the IP but nothing on the web. Edge works find outside of app guard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-application-guard-from-edge-just-started/af013d63-a23e-4df6-a7d2-fd5f5579c30f
  7. Defender Application Guard from Edge just started ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

Defender Application Guard from Edge just started ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.: I can access by local router with the IP but nothing on the web. Edge works find outside of app guard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-application-guard-from-edge-just-started/af013d63-a23e-4df6-a7d2-fd5f5579c30f
  8. Keyboard is not working on start menu, but working on other PC and in browsers such as edge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is not working on start menu, but working on other PC and in browsers such as edge...: Hello,As per question have a issue whereby my keyboard is not working on the start menu and items such as one note.However works perfectly fine on another pc. Also works fine when typing in the address bar on a browser such as google chrome or edge.I've tried on board...
  9. Keyboard is not working on start menu, but working on other PC and in browsers such as edge...

Keyboard is not working on start menu, but working on other PC and in browsers such as edge...: Hello,As per question have a issue whereby my keyboard is not working on the start menu and items such as one note.However works perfectly fine on another pc. Also works fine when typing in the address bar on a browser such as google chrome or edge.I've tried on board...
  10. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.: I've been working on a computer since yesterday and have had some huge issues trying to update it Windows 10 22H2. I ultimately decided it isn't worth the hassle for now and stopped the service wuauserv so it will stop trying to install anything.Now the problem is that the...