Windows 10: Edge will remove Favorite bar on fist page but not new pages

Discus and support Edge will remove Favorite bar on fist page but not new pages in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I went into settings and turned off the favorites bar. The bar was removed on the first page, but any new pages show the bar. If I go into settings on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ld1bryan, Mar 21, 2019.

1. ld1bryan Win User

Edge will remove Favorite bar on fist page but not new pages

I went into settings and turned off the favorites bar. The bar was removed on the first page, but any new pages show the bar. If I go into settings on a new page that shows the bar, the setting is off. Tried turning it on and then off again with no change.

I have the start page set for Gmail, so when I start Edge it comes up. That page there is no bar.

Any feedback on this?

:)

ld1bryan, Mar 21, 2019
  2. erixx Win User

Edge browser, start page: destroy MSN

Yeah, favorites bar is okay, maybe it is better than just a couple of favorites in the blank page. Seems that today Edge got updated, we'll see if they removed this, as it appears quite a bit in Windows Comments.

erixx, Mar 21, 2019
  3. jaswalt Win User
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my favorites but every time I complete the steps, it takes my favorites and puts them in my favorites bar. I have a whole list of pages on my favorites bar in Firefox that I want to use for my favorites bar on edge. Why is the program turning my favorites from Firefox into my favorites BAR on edge? How do I transfer my favorites from Firefox into favorites on Edge and my favorites BAR in Firefox into my favorites BAR in edge? Thank you in advance for your help.

jaswalt, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Edge will remove Favorite bar on fist page but not new pages

Edge browser, start page: destroy MSN

Show top sites link at the bottom adds a bar which lists your most visited websites (not favorites but should effectively mirror it).

I use the favorites bar (removed all the links from it in the picture).

FordGT90Concept, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Edge will remove Favorite bar on fist page but not new pages

1. Edge will remove Favorite bar on fist page but not new pages - Similar Threads - Edge remove Favorite

2. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  3. Cannot Increase the menu bar and favorites bar in the new Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Increase the menu bar and favorites bar in the new Edge.: I am thinking of switching from Firefox to the new Edge but have run into show stopper. The fonts in the Menu and Favorites bar are much to small for these octogenarian eyes and I can find no way to increase their size. Settings/Appearance allows me to select such things as...
  4. New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing: I had a favorites bar on my old Microsoft Edge and I pinned it to the right side of the screen. However, after update it is missing. I found it now on the left side and cannot pin or change location. How to change it?...
  5. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  6. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  7. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  8. Edge lost favorites and home page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge lost favorites and home page: Weird thing happened this morning. When I opened Edge, my home page had changed to the default, even though I deleted it in settings, to set the home page I prefer. And all my favorites were gone. The popup launched to ask me if I wanted to import favorites from IE. I did not...
  9. Remove all Favorites Bar entries in EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    Remove all Favorites Bar entries in EDGE: I use my Favorites Bar in IE11 to hold a boatload full of links. I think it is easier to click on the >> and go to a new link than clicking on the Star to go to a new link. I decided to use the Favorites bar in EDGE but I forgot that you cannot reorder the entries to put...
  10. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826