Windows 10: Edge will soon HAVE BEEN my favorite browser :-(

Discus and support Edge will soon HAVE BEEN my favorite browser :-( in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Lately the MS Edge browser gets more and more annoying by refusing to load webpages claiming: " Can’t connect securely to this page This might be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mmo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Edge will soon HAVE BEEN my favorite browser :-(

Lately the MS Edge browser gets more and more annoying by refusing to load webpages claiming:
    "
    Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

"
    This even happens with pages from Microsofts own website (e.g. page describing the new Surface Pro 6 or offering driver updates for elder models).

Chrome or FireFox have absolutely no issue with these pages. So, WTF is causing this? I already ran through several settings suggested by misc. googled webpages (e.g. allowing "mixed content", enabled all SSL and TLS versions, etc.) but none helped so far. So, how can I fix this? Or do I REALLY have to switch browsers?

:)

2. I am not able to open favorites folder or sub folders under it in EDGE browser

Hi Rodney,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path: (Press
      Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.

• Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested under
    the step 1.

I hope the above information helps you to locate the EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Eric_999 Win User
    Favorites How do I find my favorites in Edge

While browsing another thread, I found the answer to my previous question. Including it here in case others are searching for the location where favorites are stored.

Kindly, follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
    (Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer).

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.
    • Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested.

Eric_999, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge will soon HAVE BEEN my favorite browser :-( - Similar Threads - Edge soon BEEN

2. Favorites crashes Edge Browser when selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites crashes Edge Browser when selected: Recently, Favorites crashes Edge Browser every time when selected from the Upper Right corner ... Asks to restoreI pinned my favorites to a toolbar and it is working as expected.Unable to correct.Have rebooted, cleared history, have newest win 10 version 21h1Any additional...
  3. How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser: Having a place where you can save websites and links that are frequently visited by you is a feature present across browsers running on all Operating Systems. This functionality may be named differently but works in a similar capacity most of the time; you find a link to be...
  4. New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing: I had a favorites bar on my old Microsoft Edge and I pinned it to the right side of the screen. However, after update it is missing. I found it now on the left side and cannot pin or change location. How to change it?...
  5. Google is my favorite browser . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google is my favorite browser . . .: I was having, some problems. With my, Google browser. So I thought, I would just, uninstall it. And, reinstall it. But, when I go. To the control panel/uninstall. It says to. Close,the program, first. So, I went to start up. And turn Google Chrome, to off. I then...
  6. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  7. Sorting favorites in thr Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Sorting favorites in thr Edge browser: I have just thoroughly mixed up the favourites in Edge and as I have about 200 to choose from, it's going to take ages to remember where to find them. The idea was to either have them in alphabetical order, or to have the dozen or so most used at the top. I had only moved one...
  8. How to export favorites from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to export favorites from Edge browser: After the "November update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer uses a folder structure to store favorites. Instead, it now uses an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database. So, that means you can no longer just do a copy-n-paste in an attempt to export your favorites....
  9. Move favorite to left side of new Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Move favorite to left side of new Edge browser?: Can anyone tell me how to get my favorites to pin on the left side of the new Edge browser? thanks 12475
  10. Managing favorites in edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Managing favorites in edge browser?: How do I manage my favorites in the new Edge browser? I accidently moved a favorites folder into another favorites folder & I don't know how to get the folder out of the other folder? Thanks 12466