Windows 10: Edge won't open.

Discus and support Edge won't open. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I first got Win 10, the Edge browser worked great but after a time it simply quit working. The opening screen with the icon comes up but then it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Daveb, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Daveb Win User

Edge won't open.

When I first got Win 10, the Edge browser worked great but after a time it simply quit working. The opening screen with the icon comes up but then it goes back to my desktop. It isn't a critical problem yet because I can still use Explorer but Edge had some features I liked and I would like to go back to it before too long. I have seen some comments here about proxy servers and the like but I am not brave enough to tinker with that. Any sugestions?

:)

Daveb, Aug 17, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge

Whenever I try to open a website on Microsoft Edge, it says that the Remote Call Procedure failed so Edge won't open any websites and Cortana won't work as it can't connect to Edge. Are there any solutions or can you reinstall Edge again?

AaronCottingham, Aug 17, 2015
  3. GordonB-P Win User
    Lost connectivity to Microsoft Edge following updates

What do you mean by unable to "connect" to Edge?

Do you mean Edge won't open, or it won't connect to the internet?

GordonB-P, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Looey Win User

Edge won't open.

I had this happen. The only I could get it to work again was deleting the Edge favorites folder and letting it create it again. My Edge favorites were located in:
    %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite s

I don't know why but the s keeps getting separating from favorite. I tried to edit it but it keeps doing it.

Looey, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Daveb Win User

Daveb, Aug 17, 2015
  6. rdross51 Win User
    I have the same problem. Have searched all over the web and tried all solutions offered and nothing works. Nice try Microsoft, you really screwed up on this release. I'm going back to a much more stable Chrome browser.

rdross51, Sep 7, 2015
  7. same here, edge worked for a month now it just closes after opening... tired of trying all of the half baked solutions, voodoo,, hoodoo... the regular MSIE Browser still works..

found a fix...
    it brought back everything that went missing

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-39e34875f0f3

retiredat44, Sep 8, 2015
  8. bhallnerd Win User

Edge won't open.

There are many who are saying this is not working for them. My issue was that the path noted above Did Not exist in my system. I found that I only had a path of %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge I had to add the folder "User" and inside of that folder "Default". Once those folders where added Edge launched as if it had never been opened before. Apparently this folder structure is required for Edge to launch, another example of not having proper documentation on things from Microsoft.

bhallnerd, Dec 15, 2015
  9. I found don't do anything in Win10, leave everything as is, they seemed to make sure if you change anything it catastrophically blows up... and you are so screwed! just let it work, and pray with voodoo it doesn't take your computer to hell... This is my third install, and will never even try to change colors on desktop, am afraid of it ruining the whole computer. it just screws the code up so bad you have to wipe it all and start over, there is no recovery...

retiredat44, Dec 15, 2015
  10. flex Win User
    Awesome this worked for me! Thanks.

How did you find out about what folder structure was required? Like you say very poor documentation when it comes to Windows Store apps / packages.

11. lertsek Win User
    You posted the problem Aug 2015. It's now Apr 2016 and Edge still doesn't work. Thanks Microsoft for the amazing support of your customers. By the way, I have NEVER received a decent answer from your "Support" staff.

lertsek, Apr 23, 2016
  12. lertsek Win User
    You posted the problem Aug 2015. It's now Apr 2016 and Edge still doesn't work. Thanks Microsoft for the amazing support of your customers. By the way, I have NEVER received a decent answer from your "Support" staff.

lertsek, Apr 23, 2016
  13. lertsek Win User

Edge won't open.

Many people posted the problem of Edge not working in 2015. It's now Apr 2016 and Edge still doesn't work. Thanks Microsoft for the amazing support of your customers. By the way, I have NEVER received a decent answer from your "Support" staff.

lertsek, Apr 24, 2016
  14. rodbow Win User
    I am able to open Edge by opening Task Manager, clicking on Microsoft Edge then End Task. Edge magically opens. This problem appears to happen only after Edge has been opened the first time.

rodbow, May 19, 2016
  15. Daveb Win User
    I don't even see Edge listed in the Task Manager. Maybe one of the updates uninstalled it. I've been using IE11 but it stops working after awhile and restarts, or else I have to close and reopen it. I am considering switching to Firefox or Chrome but I have read about issues with these as well.

Daveb, May 22, 2016
Thema:

Edge won't open.

1. Edge won't open. - Similar Threads - Edge won't open

2. Microsoft Edge won't stay open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge won't stay open: So yesterday, my laptop was working fine, so I shut it off.But this morning, Microsoft Edge didn't stay open when I clicked on the icon. It opened for a second and then pressed the "x" itself.However, I can use the start menu to access it. Now, when I exit and press the icon...
  3. Microsoft Edge won't stay open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge won't stay open: So yesterday, my laptop was working fine, so I shut it off.But this morning, Microsoft Edge didn't stay open when I clicked on the icon. It opened for a second and then pressed the "x" itself.However, I can use the start menu to access it. Now, when I exit and press the icon...
  4. Microsoft Edge won't stay open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Edge Suspended and Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Suspended and Won't Open: Good Morning/Afternoon/EveningMy Microsoft Edge won't open. Whenever I open it, and check task manager, it pops up for a few seconds with the status saying it is "suspended", and then ends itself.It appears in task manager for a few seconds like in the above images, then...
  6. Microsoft Edge Suspended and Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Suspended and Won't Open: Good Morning/Afternoon/EveningMy Microsoft Edge won't open. Whenever I open it, and check task manager, it pops up for a few seconds with the status saying it is "suspended", and then ends itself.It appears in task manager for a few seconds like in the above images, then...
  7. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...
  8. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...
  9. microsoft edge won't open from app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft edge won't open from app: Microsoft Edge not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-wont-open-from-app/e8ad81e9-64a3-4a39-8e74-f8d7777c6ec3
  10. Edge won't open after 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't open after 1809 update: I installed the 1809 update last night and now Edge won't load. Get the "oops something must have happened" message. Bing and FireFox work fine. IVP6 is enabled....