Windows 10: Edge won't open.

Discus and support Edge won't open. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; same here, edge worked for a month now it just closes after opening... tired of trying all of the half baked solutions, voodoo,, hoodoo... the regular... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Daveb, Aug 17, 2015.

1. skmcneill Win User

Edge won't open.

This solution, somehow, worked for me. Edge is back running. Have no idea why it stopped. Such a pain.

skmcneill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge won't open.

1. Edge won't open. - Similar Threads - Edge won't open

2. Microsoft Edge won't stay open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge won't stay open: So yesterday, my laptop was working fine, so I shut it off.But this morning, Microsoft Edge didn't stay open when I clicked on the icon. It opened for a second and then pressed the "x" itself.However, I can use the start menu to access it. Now, when I exit and press the icon...
  3. Microsoft Edge won't stay open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge won't stay open: So yesterday, my laptop was working fine, so I shut it off.But this morning, Microsoft Edge didn't stay open when I clicked on the icon. It opened for a second and then pressed the "x" itself.However, I can use the start menu to access it. Now, when I exit and press the icon...
  4. Microsoft Edge won't stay open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Edge Suspended and Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Suspended and Won't Open: Good Morning/Afternoon/EveningMy Microsoft Edge won't open. Whenever I open it, and check task manager, it pops up for a few seconds with the status saying it is "suspended", and then ends itself.It appears in task manager for a few seconds like in the above images, then...
  6. Microsoft Edge Suspended and Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Suspended and Won't Open: Good Morning/Afternoon/EveningMy Microsoft Edge won't open. Whenever I open it, and check task manager, it pops up for a few seconds with the status saying it is "suspended", and then ends itself.It appears in task manager for a few seconds like in the above images, then...
  7. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...
  8. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...
  9. microsoft edge won't open from app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft edge won't open from app: Microsoft Edge not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-wont-open-from-app/e8ad81e9-64a3-4a39-8e74-f8d7777c6ec3
  10. Edge won't open after 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't open after 1809 update: I installed the 1809 update last night and now Edge won't load. Get the "oops something must have happened" message. Bing and FireFox work fine. IVP6 is enabled....