Windows 10: Edge won't play CBS.com videos

Discus and support Edge won't play CBS.com videos in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Have uBlock Origin installed on Brave, Opera and Edge. They all play CBS videos except for Edge. In fact, commercials pop up in Edge but never shows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by danielson, Dec 17, 2020.

1. danielson Win User

Edge won't play CBS.com videos

Have uBlock Origin installed on Brave, Opera and Edge.

They all play CBS videos except for Edge.

In fact, commercials pop up in Edge but never shows videos.

- - - - -

Windows 10 Pro

:)

danielson, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Pipil Win User

CBS news app not playing videos

Forum volunteer

hi Karen : 1) if the videos of CBS app doesn't play on your default browser

try another browser : as example IExplorer 11 at times, fail play videos

and is Re-Directed to Edge : So try Chrome-Firefox or Edge

2) Another fix that may work out is >> Uninstall-Reinstall the CBS app

3) Check that your Pc has the latest-Flash Player updated version

4) contact CBS : Searched for it and only shows phone number, here's

Link :
    https://gethuman.com/phone-number/CBS-corp

Also as reference a question-Answer in Firefox browser a bit old, but may help

Link :
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/991439

Pipil, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Video Lag

Hi John,

The latency in playing videos might have been caused by network interruption, or an incompatible graphics driver. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Does the issue happens when playing videos online or you have experienced the latency when playing videos that are saved on your drive too?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system settings prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any network issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you use Microsoft Edge and
    Internet Explorer
    to check if the issue persists. If the issue happens in Internet Explorer, please use this article as your reference:

Videos won’t play in Internet Explorer

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

CBS and Fox videos doesn't play after Windows 10 update

Hi Paul,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide the following answers below:

• What type of browser are you using? (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox)
    • Do you get any error message when you play videos? If yes, kindly send us a screenshot.
    • Have you tried different video streaming sites like Youtube? If yes, are you getting the same concern?
    • What the steps that you have done regarding about this concern?

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Edge won't play CBS.com videos - Similar Threads - Edge won't play

2. Video Files Won't Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Files Won't Play: I have some MP4 videos that won't play. I get this message when I try to open them:This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4I don't know what else to do. I've tried...
  3. Video Files Won't Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Files Won't Play: I have some MP4 videos that won't play. I get this message when I try to open them:This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4I don't know what else to do. I've tried...
  4. Videos load but won't play.

Videos load but won't play.: My laptop is a recent HP Victus, runs windows 11 64 bit, all updated graphics card RTX3050 too,Today I was playing a video on youtube but then it got frozen, even though it was almost finished and fully loaded.Since then i was never able to play any video on any browser nor...
  5. Browsers Won't Play Video

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Won't Play Video: A Dell Optiplex 760 with 4GB of RAM (Acer AX1430G-UW30P), AMD E-450 APU processor. Tower was recently upgraded to W10 from W7. It currently has Chrome (default), Firefox and Edge. Subscribed to MrFood.com to receive recipes. Most of the recipes have an accompanying 2 minute...
  6. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  7. Video file won't play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video file won't play: Hello all, I recently transferred some video files from a jump drive. 4 of 5 are working perfectly however, one video will not play. Attached is a screenshot of the files. The one that will not play is showing an MPEG image instead if the preview picture. All files are mp4...
  8. Video's won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video's won't play: After Windows 10 upgrade I can't play video's now. There seems to be some type of conflict with Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play/4c3b181a-3f60-4b54-ba09-506eeb796575
  9. Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge

Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge: Videos (on YouTube, Factbook, etc) play fine on my Google account but freeze, flash or go black when I try to play them on Edge. I've checked to make sure my adobe player is on in advanced settings. Anyone have the same problem? This only started happening in the past few...
  10. Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge: Several months ago, my laptop stopped playing videos, whether they be YouTube, or even news videos. Only does this using MS Edge.. Chrome plays them fine. Saw a similar issue, and it said to solve change Rendering to Software rather than GPU Rendering. I changed it, restarted...