Windows 10: Edge

Discus and support Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The site that both f14 and I offered is to change Edge's colors: Microsoft Edge – Changing colours Hmmm... It doesn't work for me either. Was the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by donnylad, Mar 8, 2018.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Edge

@Anak - Sorry, been off for a while, just saw this.

I was able to follow the steps in the link for changing the "link" colors, what they/MS call "Unvistited", but with mixed results. I had no errors or roadblocks changing values, but it seems Edge and IE act a bit different with these settings. I changed the "link" color to a putrid shade of orange/brown so I couldn't miss it. *Smile

Logged off/on to clear the spiderwebs. Brought up your post in Edge....no color change. Without leaving the page, I went to Edge settings and opened it in IE. Yukky orange/brown links!

Before and After:

Edge [​IMG]

Edge [​IMG]

Could not find any other setting in Edge or elsewhere to change Edge link color, still used Windows (user) value.

f14tomcat, Mar 10, 2018
  2. Anak Win User

No problem TC, I was away myself. Yea I see what you mean that is a wild color, thank you for your efforts.
    And Callender, thanks for the clarification.

Lets see, the only thing I can think of why this works for the web site author is it's in the UK and MS (microsoft) treats them and the EU differently with how the OS and the browser works there, but so is the OP donnylad and it doesn't work for him so it may still be a case of different OS versions.

I did explore some Edge registry settings but no luck so far on finding color setting keys for links.

Len, If you felt up to it there is an 0800 number you could call or email them to see why their steps work for them but not for you. You could even point to this thread of yours to help try and explain what your trying to do. I'll keep you in mind and if and when I come across anything I'll post back.

3. donnylad Win User
    Thanks for what you are doing chaps, but now you are going above my head a bit and I am not as clever as you.
    All I wanted to do is change the colour of the links to a different one so that they stand out a bit better in Edge. So now I will keep looking and if you find a way that I can understand I will be very grateful.
    Thanks very much.
    Len

donnylad, Mar 10, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Edge

You could try Color Filters:
    Settings/Ease of Access/Color filters, (Ctrl+WinKey+C)

Edge [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 10, 2018
  5. donnylad Win User
    Hi Edwin I tried the filters like you said and chose Deuteranopia and that is good enough for me.
    Thanks very much now I can get on with brousing.
    Len

donnylad, Mar 10, 2018
  6. Anak Win User
    That's great to hear Len!
    I had a busy day yesterday but did see Edwin's post in the morning and hoped it would help.

7. Callender Win User
    Just a follow up. I know that thread topic is solved by using "Ease Of Access" but here's another method.

Get TamperMonkey installed in Edge;

Microsoft Store Tampermonkey (Link opens store app)

Note: Windows Updates and DNS Client Service must be running and enabled to download from Store.

Once TamperMonkey is installed activate the extension (turn it on)

Then install visited-link-custom-color script:

Visited Link Custom Color | Userstyles.org

Pick color for visited links via customize settings.

Edge [​IMG]

At the bottom of the page use "Install Style as Userscript" link.

Edge [​IMG]

Make sure that script is active:

Edge [​IMG]

Google search result with links highlighted:

Edge [​IMG]

TenForums page with visited links highlighted:

Edge [​IMG]

Callender, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge

1. Edge - Similar Threads - Edge

2. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  3. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  4. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  6. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  7. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

8. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

9. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default: So I play Baldur's Gate 3 and while working on adding a couple of mods in, I accidentally selected for all .pak files to open in Edge by default which has meant that ALL my .pak files for the game are trying to open in Edge which has essentially knackered my game. I have...