Windows 10: Edge

Discus and support Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; HI all,,,in Microsoft Edge is it possible to alter the colour of the links you have been to as they are very similar and not easy to tell the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by donnylad, Mar 8, 2018.

1. donnylad Win User

Edge

HI all,,,in Microsoft Edge is it possible to alter the colour of the links you have been to as they are very similar and not easy to tell the difference on a sunny day.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Mar 8, 2018

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Mar 8, 2018
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Mar 8, 2018
  4. Anak Win User

Edge

Hi,

Try the steps on this site: Microsoft Edge – Changing colours What you're after starts in step #7 at Note but make sure you read all the steps before you get to Note because there's a setting in step 3 you have to select:

I couldn't find a 10F tutorial on this but did find a 7F one: https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...-webpages.html It's set up a bit different sequentially so watch it doesn't get confusing.

Have fun experimenting!

Anak, Mar 9, 2018
  5. donnylad Win User
    Anak,,I did what it said but I am sorry it did not work.
    It said something about my comp being not under my control (somebody else or administrator) how do I fix that.
    Len

donnylad, Mar 9, 2018
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    You have to be an Administrator to change settings like these. You should be if you are the only one on your system. Here is a similar link to do the same thing. It may give you the same error, but take a look anyway.

Microsoft Edge – Changing colours My Computer My Way

f14tomcat, Mar 9, 2018
  7. Anak Win User
    Well, It sounds like:

1.) The UA (user account) you normally use doesn't have the right privileges.

2.) If you're on a network say at work, then you'll need an IT person to allow you to make changes.

3.) Your anti-virus / malware program is stopping the changes.

4.) Worst case, some type of malware has taken control of your machine.

~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~

1.) First of all, I'd re-boot your machine and using the UA it boots to, give it a try. If no good change your UA to an Administrator acct. and try again. This will show you how to change: Determine Account Type in Windows 10

2.) If this is a work machine you'll have to talk to your IT dept.

3.) You don't list your AV in your system specs so you'll have to check that yourself. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

4.) When was the last time you ran a malware scan?

~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~
    I see f14 has replied while I was getting a reply ready, if you still get the error message please post a screenshot of it and apply to your next post:
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

Anak, Mar 9, 2018
  8. Anak Win User

Edge

F14, That's the same link I posted earlier.

Anak, Mar 9, 2018
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Sorry....... I only noticed the one you posted from SevenForums cause it was last.

f14tomcat, Mar 9, 2018
  10. donnylad Win User
    I checked to see if I am administrator in accounts and it says I am as it is a home comp and not on a network.
    It did not give an error message , it just did not do it.
    Len

donnylad, Mar 9, 2018
  11. Anak Win User
    I checked to see if I am administrator in accounts and it says I am as it is a home comp and not on a network.
    It did not give an error message , it just did not do it.
    Len Then why did you say "It said something...." ?

In the second set of numbers of my reply:
    #1) Did you try re-booting and then trying your changes?

Please answer:
    #3, What do you use for an AV program and firewall, and
    #4, When was the last time you or the program ran a full scan?

12. donnylad Win User
    I see now what is happening,,,I have been trying to alter the colours in Microsoft EDGE but the advice you have gave me works ok in Internet Explorer, so how do I do it in Edge please.
    Len

donnylad, Mar 9, 2018
  13. Callender Win User

Edge

You can customise visited link color if you use DuckDuckgo as default search engine in Edge.

I chose red as an example.

Edge [​IMG]

Selection of options;

Edge [​IMG]

Maybe you don't actually want to use DDG?

Callender, Mar 9, 2018
  14. Anak Win User
    The site that both f14 and I offered is to change Edge's colors: Microsoft Edge – Changing colours

Hmmm... It doesn't work for me either. Was the bottom of the page above where you saw the "It said something...." ?
    Actually I believe the author of the page is in error unless s/he has the pro or enterprise versions of W10, do you have the home version of 10 like I do? If so then we're out of luck until the IT dept i.e. the microsoft W10 developers get around to allowing us low level users to change basic settings like changing colors.

Hey @f14tomcat As a test; You show you're using W10 pro, could you see if you can change your colors in Edge.

@Callender, does that carry over to Edge or is it just for links with DDG?

15. Callender Win User
    It just works for DDG search results in Edge. If you switch to another browser the results are not carried over as the settings are saved in a browser specific cookie.

For Edge cookie handling needs to be configured like this;

Edge [​IMG]

Then if clearing Edge data using Ccleaner or similar the DDG cookie must be protected.

Edge [​IMG]

If you switch to Google search or something else then you won't see colors for visited links in results. It' only for DDG search results.

Callender, Mar 9, 2018
Thema:

Edge

1. Edge - Similar Threads - Edge

2. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  3. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  4. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  5. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  6. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  7. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  8. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  9. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  10. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...