Windows 10: Edge

Discus and support Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone on this forum use Edge for your browser .I can't find any safety features on Edge 'like Wot ,NoScript, Adblock Plus.so I guess I will just... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jerrypc1, Dec 1, 2015.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

Edge

Does anyone on this forum use Edge for your browser .I can't find any safety features on Edge 'like Wot ,NoScript, Adblock Plus.so I guess I will just stay with Fire Fox .

:)

jerrypc1, Dec 1, 2015

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Dec 1, 2015
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Dec 1, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

Edge

I use Edge - tried about:flags ?

rfruth, Dec 1, 2015
  5. Some of those add-ons (extensions) you mentioned are not yet available for Edge. They are in the process, and I believe I heard something about them becoming available in January or February, but don't hold me to that.

DustSailor, Dec 1, 2015
  6. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks rfruth for the quick response But what is about:flags Is that some kind of security ?

jerrypc1, Dec 1, 2015
  7. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks Dusty If you are right I might be willing to try it I like it;s Speed And I would like to try it If those extensions do become available .Thanks Again.

jerrypc1, Dec 1, 2015
  8. Edge

So far, chrome sounds like the fastest browser, however some are concerned about its lack of privacy. I've stuck with edge myself, though not having adblock is annoying.

DustSailor, Dec 1, 2015
  9. jerrypc1 Win User
    I have never tried chrome for the same reason I am not useing Edge (Privacy) I would really like to use Edge But I am just too cautious I guess I have been with Mazolla FireFox for a long time .

jerrypc1, Dec 1, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    These privacy complaints are really confusing to me. Most people, unless you are living completely off the grid in a cabin in the woods (and even then maybe) give up 10x more privacy information just in daily use.

Do you have any of the following?

* A "rewards" or "discount" card from any major retailer?
    * A Smartphone
    * A "toll card" for skipping toll booths automatically
    * Do you shop online?
    * Do you use online email?

This is just a sample of ways that your privacy is mined by corporations, every day.

Mystere, Dec 1, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    And discussion of adblock tools is against the rules:

BunnyJ, Dec 1, 2015
  12. Atomic77 Win User
    I have been using EDGE. Its been getting better since the update to build 10586.14. Yes that is true there are no addons for EDGE yet.

Atomic77, Dec 2, 2015
  13. jerrypc1 Win User

Edge

Mystere , Of the 5 things you named the only one I use is Windows Live Mail And I only open my personal contacts. I just like FireFox and After thinking it over I Guess I will Just Stay with FireFox

jerrypc1, Dec 2, 2015
  14. jerrypc1 Win User
    Bunny J Thanks for letting me know I didn't know about it .And it will not happen again.Jerry

jerrypc1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge

1. Edge - Similar Threads - Edge

2. No audio on gifs in Edge while watching video on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio on gifs in Edge while watching video on desktop?: So there is some kind of really annoying bug with Edge and playing videos on your desktop. Whenever I try to watch a .gif that has audio at the same time as I'm playing a video on my desktop with VLC or the built-in Windows 10 video player, the audio on the .gif doesn't work....
  3. PWAs in Edge Chromium now have this ugly black bar at the top

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PWAs in Edge Chromium now have this ugly black bar at the top: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dont_forget_canada [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3po9g/pwas_in_edge_chromium_now_have_this_ugly_black/
  4. Edge - Weather shows fahrenheit instead of celsius on the homepage

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Weather shows fahrenheit instead of celsius on the homepage: Hi! *Biggrin On Microsoft Edge (Chromium version), there's a homepage when you first open the browser where it shows the weather outside on the right side. Yesterday it changed from celsius to fahrenheit out of the blue. When I click 'celsius' it will automatically change...
  5. How to kill Cortana / Edge?

in Cortana
    How to kill Cortana / Edge?: This has been asked previously. However, no real answer has been provided - how do you stop Cortana eating ram and processing cycles? Failing that, how do I stonewall Cortana so she's not telling her creators everything about me? I realise I'm not the best at hiding my...
  6. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  7. Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or...: New Dell Latitude laptop, same problem with a variety of mice tried - wired & wireless. When trying to hover over the edge/corner of a window to resize the point "jumps" several mm right and up. If I click in just the right place the resize pointed appears while I'm holding...
  8. Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar: Hi, I recently realized a small problem that is getting to me: every time I open a new tab in a browser, be it Edge or Firefox, I'm used to click to open it and start typing what I want to search, but it is not working like this anymore, when I open the new tab, it won't come...
  9. Edge Chromium not working properly?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chromium not working properly?: Hello, I have a problem with the new Edge Chromium Browser since yesterday, I think I have caught a virus that automatically redirects me to Bing for my searches. I have fixed this problem by completely reinstalling the browser, but I still have an annoying problem with the...
  10. Windows 10 Parental Controls Don't Work With Microsoft Edge Incognito Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Parental Controls Don't Work With Microsoft Edge Incognito Mode: Hi All, I am having difficulty with parental controls in Windows. Specifically, even though I have forbid the children's account from accessing any websites on Microsoft edge and have blocked inappropriate websites, they can easily bypass this by opening up Edge's...