Windows 10: Edge

Discus and support Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone on this forum use Edge for your browser .I can't find any safety features on Edge 'like Wot ,NoScript, Adblock Plus.so I guess I will just... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jerrypc1, Dec 1, 2015.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

Edge

Does anyone on this forum use Edge for your browser .I can't find any safety features on Edge 'like Wot ,NoScript, Adblock Plus.so I guess I will just stay with Fire Fox .

:)

jerrypc1, Dec 1, 2015

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Dec 1, 2015
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Dec 1, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

Edge

I use Edge - tried about:flags ?

rfruth, Dec 1, 2015
  5. Some of those add-ons (extensions) you mentioned are not yet available for Edge. They are in the process, and I believe I heard something about them becoming available in January or February, but don't hold me to that.

DustSailor, Dec 1, 2015
  6. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks rfruth for the quick response But what is about:flags Is that some kind of security ?

jerrypc1, Dec 1, 2015
  7. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks Dusty If you are right I might be willing to try it I like it;s Speed And I would like to try it If those extensions do become available .Thanks Again.

jerrypc1, Dec 1, 2015
  8. Edge

So far, chrome sounds like the fastest browser, however some are concerned about its lack of privacy. I've stuck with edge myself, though not having adblock is annoying.

DustSailor, Dec 1, 2015
  9. jerrypc1 Win User
    I have never tried chrome for the same reason I am not useing Edge (Privacy) I would really like to use Edge But I am just too cautious I guess I have been with Mazolla FireFox for a long time .

jerrypc1, Dec 1, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    These privacy complaints are really confusing to me. Most people, unless you are living completely off the grid in a cabin in the woods (and even then maybe) give up 10x more privacy information just in daily use.

Do you have any of the following?

* A "rewards" or "discount" card from any major retailer?
    * A Smartphone
    * A "toll card" for skipping toll booths automatically
    * Do you shop online?
    * Do you use online email?

This is just a sample of ways that your privacy is mined by corporations, every day.

Mystere, Dec 1, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    And discussion of adblock tools is against the rules:

BunnyJ, Dec 1, 2015
  12. Atomic77 Win User
    I have been using EDGE. Its been getting better since the update to build 10586.14. Yes that is true there are no addons for EDGE yet.

Atomic77, Dec 2, 2015
  13. jerrypc1 Win User

Edge

Mystere , Of the 5 things you named the only one I use is Windows Live Mail And I only open my personal contacts. I just like FireFox and After thinking it over I Guess I will Just Stay with FireFox

jerrypc1, Dec 2, 2015
  14. jerrypc1 Win User
    Bunny J Thanks for letting me know I didn't know about it .And it will not happen again.Jerry

jerrypc1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge

1. Edge - Similar Threads - Edge

2. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  3. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  4. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

6. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default: So I play Baldur's Gate 3 and while working on adding a couple of mods in, I accidentally selected for all .pak files to open in Edge by default which has meant that ALL my .pak files for the game are trying to open in Edge which has essentially knackered my game. I have...
  8. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default: So I play Baldur's Gate 3 and while working on adding a couple of mods in, I accidentally selected for all .pak files to open in Edge by default which has meant that ALL my .pak files for the game are trying to open in Edge which has essentially knackered my game. I have...
  9. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...