Windows 10: Edge's Top Sites broken with default search engine other than Bing

Discus and support Edge's Top Sites broken with default search engine other than Bing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm having some issues with Microsoft Edge. Yesterday it was fine, but today the page with top sites is broken. Tried reinstalling Microsoft Edge, but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by l33twannabe, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Edge's Top Sites broken with default search engine other than Bing

I'm having some issues with Microsoft Edge. Yesterday it was fine, but today the page with top sites is broken. Tried reinstalling Microsoft Edge, but that didn't help. I somehow found out what's causing it and it's setting default search engine other than Bing (tried Google and Yahoo - same result). It must have been some Microsoft update or something.

Anyway, that's how it looks:

Bing: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Google, Yahoo: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Is there any way to fix it ?

:)

l33twannabe, Sep 15, 2017
  2. Martmcd Win User

PLEASE TELL ME WHY BING has to hijack our browser's search in the address?

sorry a typo. have corrected my response.

I am well aware that bing belongs to Microsoft, but other than Cortana you are NOT forced to use bing in any browser including edge (which also belongs to Microsoft).

Edges default search engine is bing and is easily changed in Bings settings

chromes default search engine is google and is easily changed in chromes settings

I am not familiar with SWare Iron browser but I did include a link on how to change the default search engine in my last post.

Martmcd, Sep 15, 2017
  3. Why can't I add google.co.uk to the search bar on Microsoft Edge?

Hello Jay,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I will certainly help you with this issue.

Bing is the default search engine in Microsoft Edge. However you can also add other sites in that list but cannot remove Bing from the list. Before following the steps in the below link, you need to open google.co.uk search engine in edge so that edge
    can discover it and list it as an option.

You may refer to the below article to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-sg/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Sep 15, 2017
  4. Edge's Top Sites broken with default search engine other than Bing

I have the same problem here. Also made a post about it. Glad I'm not alone getting this...

zablablukas, Sep 15, 2017
Thema:

Edge's Top Sites broken with default search engine other than Bing

1. Edge's Top Sites broken with default search engine other than Bing - Similar Threads - Edge's Top Sites

2. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  3. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  4. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bing search engine by default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing search engine by default in Windows 10: One would think that removing a default search engine or the initial page that Windows sets at the start of a session would be a rather simple task, but that does not seem to be the case with the latest update to Windows 10 as of 23 Nov 2020. I'm running my favorite...
  6. remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge: This has been asked till the cows come home but the answers are scripted and never tested before the response to the question. I know that bing is an integral part of the Edge browser. I create my own search engine in the list but bing won't allow my search engine to be used....
  7. Disable BING as default search engine

Disable BING as default search engine: How do I disable BING from my browser? It pops up on start-up as the default search engine. It's so frustrating. I've gone into menu setting to change, tried the Cortana search settings fix, and it still defaults back to Bing. Have searched the internet over the months...
  8. BING SEARCH ENGINE

BING SEARCH ENGINE: Whenever I click on Google Chrome I get BING. I want that to stop. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-engine/ba5e3cd1-9db2-4f33-9d0c-8a1bcd9ed342
  9. MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing: Hi, This morning, MS Edge defaults to Bing as the search engine even though the default setting is set to Google. I can't get it to default to Google, even though I am able to manually select Google as the search engine. How can I check if this is a problem with MS Edge or...
  10. Custom Bing 'Top Sites' configuration and settings broken.

in Browsers and Email
    Custom Bing 'Top Sites' configuration and settings broken.: I noticed this yesterday. In MS Edge, if you click 'new tab' you get an option to customise the page and in my case I have it to display my top or favorite sites. The problem is that suddenly they are all mixed, all the first bunch that were pinned or now unpinned and...