Windows 10: Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets

Discus and support Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm holding off upgrading my Windows 8.1 tablet to Windows 10, partly because I'm not sure about Edge as an alternative to Modern IE11. Is Edge a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by markweatherill, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets

I'm holding off upgrading my Windows 8.1 tablet to Windows 10, partly because I'm not sure about Edge as an alternative to Modern IE11.

Is Edge a nice experience on a 10.1" (for example) touchscreen device?

I don't like Edge on my desktop; perhaps I'll see the point of it on a tablet. But not if it's fiddly and harder to navigate than IE11.

:)

markweatherill, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Asyraf790 Win User

What happen if i tick "make windows more touch friendly when using your device as a tablet" in tablet mode setting .

<Original title: Use of "make windows more touch friendly when using your device as a tablet">

what happen if i tick "make windows more touch friendly when using your device as a tablet" in tablet mode setting .

Original title: have a question

Asyraf790, Aug 16, 2015
  3. gmopro Win User
    Settings - Tablet Mode - Make Windows more touch friendly when using touch screen

I was on my laptop.

This did not help, but thanks for trying though. I know that about tablet mode already.

What i wanted to know whas that while i was in laptop mode and changed that setting, why did it do that to taskbar while i was in laptop mode. It did not say to change modes. It just said to Make Windows more touch friendly when using device as tablet. It
    is only supposed to make tablet more touch friendly when in tablet mode. It is not supposed to change directly to tablet mode or at least doesnt say that.

I am in laptop mode and switched this to a yes:

Make Windows more touch friendly when using your device as a tablet

gmopro, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets

It's worse than Modern IE.
    There's no full screen navigation (title bar, taskbar and tabs are always displayed), no add ons and no swiping gestures (back, forward).

theveterans, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets

1. Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets - Similar Threads - Edge's touch friendliness

2. Multiple selection in "touch mode" for windows tablet user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple selection in "touch mode" for windows tablet user: Dear All, I have been trying to do multiple selection of files with my windows 10 tablet in touch mode (without mouse and without keyboard) in the MS file explorer. The files are pictures, which I watch in view "extra large icons" to be sure I select the correct ones....
  3. having problems with my touch screen on fusion 5 tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    having problems with my touch screen on fusion 5 tablet: the touchscreen seems to be going crazy. ive installed all the drivers and the pointer is moving in the opposite direction. it is also registering two fingers when ive only got one on the screen. what can be wrong, all the drivers are installed correctly and it has a clean...
  4. Touch screen problem in tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch screen problem in tablet mode: I’ve had a weird problem with the tablet mode. When I open certain programs, the touch keyboard disappears after typing just one letter and I have to bring it back. When I click on just one letter it goes away again. I encountered this issue in chrome and a lot of other...
  5. Touch screen and tablet mode issue

Touch screen and tablet mode issue: Hello, I have Hp convertible 360 15 broxx and recently my hard drive died. I had it changed and now i have lost all the drivers for touch screen and tablet mode. Can you help me?...
  6. Ugee 1910b Tablet Not Responding to Any Touch

Ugee 1910b Tablet Not Responding to Any Touch: Back in January of 2018, I bought the 1910b Ugee tablet. It was working correctly for me and I set it to the side due to school starting back up in August. Haven't touched it till now. The tablet no longer reads any touch. The pen and your finger are not being registered...
  7. touch keyboard in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...
  8. Windows tablet touch screen and sound issues

Windows tablet touch screen and sound issues: Before i say anything else I first want to mention i have tried everything in the first reply to this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/hid-compliant-touch-screen-is-no-longer-in-my/a3a80129-a682-43d0-9436-bd7c8d19d119 as that...
  9. Unable to start lynx7 tablet running widows 10. tablet starts but no touch screen working...

Unable to start lynx7 tablet running widows 10. tablet starts but no touch screen working...: Unable to start lynx7 tablet running widows 10. tablet starts but no touch screen working...unable to sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/unable-to-start-lynx7-tablet-running-widows-10/bd7f5561-31f9-4eff-82e8-3184e7f8d5b0
  10. Pie Controll For Any Windows Tablet or for touch screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pie Controll For Any Windows Tablet or for touch screen?: does any body knows if there is a pie control for windows tablet like the ones for android. I want to buy the surface pro 4 and I would love to have pie control for many reasons.*Huh 27132