Windows 10: Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets

Discus and support Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm holding off upgrading my Windows 8.1 tablet to Windows 10, partly because I'm not sure about Edge as an alternative to Modern IE11. Is Edge a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by markweatherill, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets

I'm holding off upgrading my Windows 8.1 tablet to Windows 10, partly because I'm not sure about Edge as an alternative to Modern IE11.

Is Edge a nice experience on a 10.1" (for example) touchscreen device?

I don't like Edge on my desktop; perhaps I'll see the point of it on a tablet. But not if it's fiddly and harder to navigate than IE11.

:)

markweatherill, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Asyraf790 Win User

What happen if i tick "make windows more touch friendly when using your device as a tablet" in tablet mode setting .

<Original title: Use of "make windows more touch friendly when using your device as a tablet">

what happen if i tick "make windows more touch friendly when using your device as a tablet" in tablet mode setting .

Original title: have a question

Asyraf790, Aug 16, 2015
  3. gmopro Win User
    Settings - Tablet Mode - Make Windows more touch friendly when using touch screen

I was on my laptop.

This did not help, but thanks for trying though. I know that about tablet mode already.

What i wanted to know whas that while i was in laptop mode and changed that setting, why did it do that to taskbar while i was in laptop mode. It did not say to change modes. It just said to Make Windows more touch friendly when using device as tablet. It
    is only supposed to make tablet more touch friendly when in tablet mode. It is not supposed to change directly to tablet mode or at least doesnt say that.

I am in laptop mode and switched this to a yes:

Make Windows more touch friendly when using your device as a tablet

gmopro, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets

It's worse than Modern IE.
    There's no full screen navigation (title bar, taskbar and tabs are always displayed), no add ons and no swiping gestures (back, forward).

theveterans, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets

1. Edge's touch-friendliness / suitability for tablets - Similar Threads - Edge's touch friendliness

2. Disable or Enable Tablet Touch Mode in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or Enable Tablet Touch Mode in Microsoft Edge: [IMG]Microsoft is keen on improving the experience for users on touchscreen devices. They have included Tablet mode in Windows and have done the same for the Edge browser. In this post, we will learn how to disable or enable Tablet Touch Mode in Microsoft Edge. Disable or...
  3. Edge on Windows is deprecating "Web Select" which will hurt touch/tablet users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge on Windows is deprecating "Web Select" which will hurt touch/tablet users.: submitted by /u/NIVEA_GeForce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16kbxuu/edge_on_windows_is_deprecating_web_select_which/
  4. When are the Edge tablet/touch issues on Windows going to be taken seriously?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When are the Edge tablet/touch issues on Windows going to be taken seriously?: submitted by /u/NIVEA_GeForce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1597ccr/when_are_the_edge_tablettouch_issues_on_windows/
  5. Tablet mode touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode touch screen not working: I wanted to try using tablet mode, so I went to Settings < System < Tabletand then clicked on Change Additional Tablet settings. Next, I turned on Tablet mode. Then I pressed one of the buttons on the taskbar. Nothing happened. How come the touch screen isn't working?...
  6. Fusion5 Tablet Touch Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fusion5 Tablet Touch Screen: Loaded our image on the tablet with no issue other than the touchscreen will not work.....any advice....driver set is correct etc. 145785
  7. Fusion5 Tablet Touch Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Fusion5 Tablet Touch Screen: Loaded our image on the tablet with no issue other than the touchscreen will not work.....any advice....driver set is correct etc. 145785
  8. Touch screen problem in tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch screen problem in tablet mode: I’ve had a weird problem with the tablet mode. When I open certain programs, the touch keyboard disappears after typing just one letter and I have to bring it back. When I click on just one letter it goes away again. I encountered this issue in chrome and a lot of other...
  9. Touch screen and tablet mode issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen and tablet mode issue: Hello, I have Hp convertible 360 15 broxx and recently my hard drive died. I had it changed and now i have lost all the drivers for touch screen and tablet mode. Can you help me?...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...