Windows 10: Edgium text rendering bug?

Discus and support Edgium text rendering bug? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm on Edge Canary version 81.0.410.0. As you can see with the selected text, text occasionally renders strangely. I don't believe this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TwilightGraphite, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Edgium text rendering bug?

Edgium text rendering bug? RywkvxYeCvI6caLs5cdwx2b6pV46wHt9JH2w8B0vIss.jpg

I'm on Edge Canary version 81.0.410.0. As you can see with the selected text, text occasionally renders strangely. I don't believe this is a problem with my graphics driver since this doesn't appear to happen on other browsers or programs. Selecting the text usually fixes it, and it often flickers when typing. It's very annoying. Is this happening to anyone else?

That doesn't look right...

submitted by /u/TwilightGraphite
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TwilightGraphite, Feb 1, 2020
  2. geoffers Win User

More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers

Further update on this;
    • The blurry text rendering in Edge/IE11 is only a problem when browsing on my Laptop which is v1511(Build 10586.11)
    • Using my Desktop, the rendering is fine - the Desktop is still v10.0(Build 10240)
    So this could therefore be down to a number of things
    1. There is a difference between builds 10240 and 10586.11
    2. There is a difference between the display drivers on the 2 machines
    3. There is some other HTML rendering issue on the laptop

The Desktop Graphics are Intel(R) HD 26/11/2012 Version 8.15.10.2900: The Laptop Graphics are exactly the same, so that presumably cancels out option 2

geoffers, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Text rendering bug in WP 8.1 GDR2 inherited from Windows 10 Mobile TP

There is a text rendering bug in Windows 10 TP build 10080, which causes text to be rendered in low resolution in-app.

Text appears to be heavily pixelated, and occasionally completely unreadable. The issue seems to arise when there is a photo or other element included within the main text body of an article.

This happens in apps which feature a lot of text (news reading apps mainly). Apps such as: Converge, NextGen Reader, Engadget, Windows Central, MSN News, OneNote.

The bug has also been introduced into Windows Phone 8.1 GDR2. I have tested this on a Lumia 830 and Lumia 930 running 8.10.15116.125 (the update from the Windows Insider app). I have also tested this on a Lumia 640 LTE running a factory installed version of
    GDR2 (8.10.15127.138). The text rendering bug appears on all 3 handsets running GDR2.

Reverting to GDR1 using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool eliminates the text rendering bug. Unfortunately there is no way to downgrade the software on the Lumia 640 LTE, as it's initial factory installed software is GDR2.

Screenshots showing the bug below are from Lumia 635 running W10TP 10080, and Lumia 830 running GDR2.

Edgium text rendering bug? 34aa6e92-379a-418a-b49b-4314c053a739.png

Edgium text rendering bug? 0b6c5aad-01fb-4d33-9e34-f2cc75512378.png

chancooluk, Feb 1, 2020
  4. ryancg0 Win User

Edgium text rendering bug?

Manually rendering IME candidate list bugged(for fullscreen game).

Given I'm making a game based on Winforms and SharpDX. The game will run with exclusive fullscreen mode. Then I have to render the candidate list of IME manually in game, just like what WoW Classic do.

But unfornately, It just bugged, there's no candidate list(or no candidate changed event) in most typing(I'm using the default Chinese IME os provided, Microsoft Pinyin).

Then I made a project to reproduce the bug:

.Net Framework version: ryancheung/WindowsForms.IMEHelper

.Net Core 3.0 version: ryancheung/WindowsForms.IMEHelper.Core

Actual behavior:

It does not emit IMM.ImnChangeCandidate event on every correct text composition of Chinese Pinyin.

Expected behavior:

It should emit IMM.ImnChangeCandidate event on every correct text composition of Chinese Pinyin.

ryancg0, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Edgium text rendering bug?

1. Edgium text rendering bug? - Similar Threads - Edgium text rendering

2. startmenu render bug while searching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startmenu render bug while searching: as you can see in the image, the startmenu renders squished at the top while searching https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startmenu-render-bug-while-searching/86e9abff-ea62-4dc4-a25a-723aa3904b70
  3. startmenu render bug while searching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    startmenu render bug while searching: as you can see in the image, the startmenu renders squished at the top while searching https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startmenu-render-bug-while-searching/86e9abff-ea62-4dc4-a25a-723aa3904b70
  4. startmenu render bug while searching

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Poor Text Rendering on System Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Text Rendering on System Pages: I just switched from a 2160p monitor to a 1440p. I know text won't look as good, but its acceptable everywhere except on any systems page - all the settings pages, right click context menu pages, etc. See below. Above the red line is what it looks like - some letters are...
  6. Poor Text Rendering on System Pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Text Rendering on System Pages: I just switched from a 2160p monitor to a 1440p. I know text won't look as good, but its acceptable everywhere except on any systems page - all the settings pages, right click context menu pages, etc. See below. Above the red line is what it looks like - some letters are...
  7. MacType to enhance text rendering

MacType to enhance text rendering: Hello. Sorry for annoying you, but I have some questions to have MacType:1. Does it affect the ClearType and system's functionality?2. Does it tweak DLLs about text rendering?I need your answer because I'm almost installing and I'm stuck due to the questions mentioned...
  8. Text rendering badly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text rendering badly: My text is rendering badly on my 1080p display, black text looks to be a mix of black, red, and blue, and pixelated which is highly unpleasant to look at. I've gone through multiple steps to try and remove this including configuring clear type, disabling font smoothing in the...
  9. Windows 10 rendering BUG!!!!

Windows 10 rendering BUG!!!!: OS: 1809 and later Bug: first, open the start menu [IMG] then open Task View ( use three finger swipe upward) it will show some "GHOST BRICKS" on the TASK VIEW" [ATTACH] Another BUG is when "switching" between virtual desktop ( use four finger swipe left or...
  10. Edge blurry text rendering

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge blurry text rendering: What's with some of the blurriness with text on some sites. For example, the main navigation of apple.com is all fuzzy. Doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox. [img] 11668